S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i have a 94 S10 which needs some work motor wise..So im thinking maybe ill just make it fast instead of the whole airbagged deal.. I was told i could hit mid-high 13s with a 350 w/ cams,full exhaust and intake.. Is this true? its not an ext cab..just a short bed (i guess you call it that? im new to trucks).. So im curious if this is true? What is needed for a swap like this?

·
Sittin on Chrome
1,405 Posts
Reliability depends on how you build the engine & how well you install it.
You can easily do the swap & have a nice daily driver.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my friend is telling me "just get a 350, tranny an rear end. Its all easy after that"... but i dont want a junkyard motor thats going to crap out on me... how quick could a 350 w/ cams,intake,exhaust be? No way into the 13s as he says right?

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Criscone said:
well my friend is telling me "just get a 350, tranny an rear end. Its all easy after that"... but i dont want a junkyard motor thats going to crap out on me... how quick could a 350 w/ cams,intake,exhaust be? No way into the 13s as he says right?
Depends what exhaust/intake/cams you pick, You can build a 500HP 350 for less than 6 grand easily, less than 5 or 4 depending on what parts you pick, that would give you a 13 sec. Truck(with the right tires & susp. Mods)
But it all depends on what parts you pick, certain intakes/cams are better for the 2000+ rpm range, while other are idle - 5000, it just depends what you buy.

Like they always say, speed = $, but yes with a 350 you could make it into the 13s. There's always the Nitrous option as well for cheap speed.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
You guys must be running some exotic stuff, or something. I dont know many Chevy engines that have "cams"....They have a single cam...:rolleyes:

Getting a reliable 13 second truck isnt hard at all. Just takes a little money, Most people get a stockish 350 and swap it in. Just to get it running and work out all the kinks. Then you can build the engine you want to run, although you might be able to just drop in one capable of 13s since it isnt too hard.

The most important thing is your engine combo....

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm im not sure what to do just yet. The body is rough (sort of) so id want to get that worked out first an painted etc etc... I dont know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts