S-10 Forum banner

reg cab/ w7 12...?

2K views 50 replies 11 participants last post by  00LowSonoma 
#1 ·

300 watts rms x 1 @ 4 ohms..
or
600 watts rms x 1 @ 2 ohms...

and a jl audio 12 w7...i know they r huge...and i got a regular cab s10 xtreme...will the sub fit and work well w/ that amp as long as i get a custom box made for it so the beast fits?!?! lol

See less See more
#2 ·
The only way your going to fit a 12w7 in a reg. cab is inverted between the seats. Plus the box would most definitely need to be glassed in order to get every bit of airspace for that thing. As far as the amp goes the w7 has a 3 ohm single coil design which means you couldnt wire it to 2 ohms for that amp.

#4 ·
it can either do 300x1 or 600x1...and i wanna beattttttt! its the amp im stuck w/ for now...what JL sounds like the best option?!?! ive only had jl audio subs and im stickin w/ them since i love them:) so JL's only please:) and only 1 since my amps for 1 sub...thanks:) how many watts do the new jl's push?

#7 ·
if ur 2ohm stable(mono) then yes,you can run a w7@3ohms.i'm runnin' a 10w7 with a ppi pc-2300 which is rated @4 ohms mono and it's strong

#9 ·
my amp is rated 300@4 ohms,but it is a strong under-rated amp.a lesser amp will shut down at high levels.

#11 ·
it gets complicated,but yes,i'm pushin' 300w to my 10w7

#13 ·
the graph gets real yellow at 600.i think black(warrany void) at 1k

#15 ·
perfect,i'll suggest a stout enclosure!!!!!

#17 ·
viCoDin said:
whats that?!?! haha...i got a regular cab xtreme so i gotta find a way to make it fit:(
that's why i didn't offer to sell you mine.:D

i'm thinkin' about doin' different things,again,with JL,again.

#18 ·
i don't think u need a w7 in a reg.cab.it's alot uv sub

#20 ·
:haha:alot of sub:haha:

#21 ·
500-700 watts is ideal for a 10W7. Id recommend more amp for the 12, but that should be about right for the 10.

Yes, you'll need to mount the thing between the seats if you plan on running it in a regular cab (unless you went with a blow through).

Just so you realize, you are chosing a rather expensive way to get bump in your truck. W7's are expensive as it is (I wont get into whether or not they are worth it, that's up to each person to decide) and unless you are skilled at fiberglassing and could build the enclosure yourself, that's gonna cost a pant-load as well. But yes, it would be a sweet little system.

Good luck. :)

#23 ·
beat me 2 it,beer,mind slow

#25 ·
lol alrighty...thanks again so far...im not sure how id do on making the box for it...all i want for a sub is a jl audio though...and my amp is only for one sub so wouldnt the w7 be the best choice since i love my JL's and can only use one sub?!?! whats the best bet on building the box...would anyone mind tellin me how to do it?!?!:) or how much would it cost for someone to build the box? lol me= hella lazy

#26 ·
WhiteZQ8 said:
I got a half bottle merlot handicap, mind thinks fast enough, but grammer and spelling go out the window
:rotf:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.