1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
stupid regular cab!!
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

300 watts rms x 1 @ 4 ohms..
or
600 watts rms x 1 @ 2 ohms...

and a jl audio 12 w7...i know they r huge...and i got a regular cab s10 xtreme...will the sub fit and work well w/ that amp as long as i get a custom box made for it so the beast fits?!?! lol

·
Registered
557 Posts
The only way your going to fit a 12w7 in a reg. cab is inverted between the seats. Plus the box would most definitely need to be glassed in order to get every bit of airspace for that thing. As far as the amp goes the w7 has a 3 ohm single coil design which means you couldnt wire it to 2 ohms for that amp.

·
stupid regular cab!!
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
god damnit that sucks cuz thats what amp i have...what kinda jl's can i hook up to this thing?!?! im guessin anything else but the w7's...?:(

·
stupid regular cab!!
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it can either do 300x1 or 600x1...and i wanna beattttttt! its the amp im stuck w/ for now...what JL sounds like the best option?!?! ive only had jl audio subs and im stickin w/ them since i love them:) so JL's only please:) and only 1 since my amps for 1 sub...thanks:) how many watts do the new jl's push?

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
if ur 2ohm stable(mono) then yes,you can run a [email protected]'m runnin' a 10w7 with a ppi pc-2300 which is rated @4 ohms mono and it's strong

·
stupid regular cab!!
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh ok awesome..how many watts r u runnin to ur 10w7?!?!? if its around what my amp pushes ill just get a 10 instead of a 12 and save some money:) lol

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
my amp is rated [email protected] ohms,but it is a strong under-rated amp.a lesser amp will shut down at high levels.

·
stupid regular cab!!
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so does that mean ur pushin 300 to ur 10w7?!?! i dont really understand the ohms part but i wanna use the most of out my amp and its 600x1 at 2 ohms...whatever that means:) lol

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
it gets complicated,but yes,i'm pushin' 300w to my 10w7

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
the graph gets real yellow at 600.i think black(warrany void) at 1k

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
perfect,i'll suggest a stout enclosure!!!!!

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
viCoDin said:
whats that?!?! haha...i got a regular cab xtreme so i gotta find a way to make it fit:(
that's why i didn't offer to sell you mine.:D

i'm thinkin' about doin' different things,again,with JL,again.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i don't think u need a w7 in a reg.cab.it's alot uv sub

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
:haha:alot of sub:haha:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts