S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two of these that i had built for my old reg. cab truck and now they are just lying around...
the box is 1.28cu.ft. internal BEFORE displacement. can be carpeted black or light grey. originally built for a 12w3 but most 12's up to a moderate mounting dept should work....the jl was i believe ~6" deep.

it conforms around the bump up in the back and moves seat forward very little ( atleast i know it does on a bench seat, not sure about the others)

you can see pictures here:
http://teamwav.com/html/members/pfeifer/pfeifersystem1.jpg
http://teamwav.com/html/members/pfeifer/pfeifersystem5.jpg

I have them at home right now without carpet and if you want more pics i can take some.
the sub is also flush mounted on the front baffle of the sub and you can see that in the pics as well.

looking to get around $65-75 + s/h each on these puppies.

and like i said...i have 2.

i'll tell you now...the box is kind of heavy, but i'm not sure what shipping will be it will be dependant upon the shipping location.

let me know if you want one or both of them

·
Registered
183 Posts
boxes look good, i had a $hit load of trouble making my 2 10" box but in the end the box was a little undersized but it works great. that the only thing i hate about reg cabs, no dam room. good luck.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
damn id like them, but im building for 2 10's...could you post the dimensions for them? im having a hell of a time trying to find out how shallow i can make the box and still fit a MTX 8000

·
Registered
183 Posts
nice choice of subs, in my old car i had 2 15" 8000's what kind of amp are you putting on them.

MuddyS10 said:
damn id like them, but im building for 2 10's...could you post the dimensions for them? im having a hell of a time trying to find out how shallow i can make the box and still fit a MTX 8000

·
12,507 Posts
no idea...i was going to use a Alpine MRD-M500, but everyone told me it wouldnt push the subs enough, so and suggestions would be great! lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
what are the specs on the 10's, on my 15's i had 2 rockford 700s amps, one one each sub and they worked great, check this site out they have alot of great stuff and its all cheap. http://cmttrading.com/ check out what they got.

·
Registered
183 Posts
well i made the mistake of buying the first one at best buy where i payed $500, but on that site i gave you i got the second for $250, i think rockford makes a great amp, ive never had one break, and the sound qualiy is great. my sonys now are 4 ohm's 1200 watt peak power and i have 1 700s on them both not bridged, and i hit 146.1 db.

·
12,507 Posts
i just found a RF, 1001bd, which is 1000w @2 ohms, and only $370 online...i hope itll work, but price means i cant get a new HU

·
Registered
183 Posts
i know what you mean i still have the stock cd player in my truck.

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it fit my 12w3 just fine which is i think 6 or 6.25 mounting depth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts