S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not Me Just The Truck
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make a competition vehical out of my 97 std cab s-10. Does anyone know what the max mouting depth I could get away with is? I am looking at getting 2 10" Rockford Fosgate RFR3110. These are Rockfords top of the line 10's. The mounting depth is about 10.5 Inches cause they have an 18 lbs magnet on them, If I get them is there anyway I can make them fit with my bench seat in? Would I be able to get them to fit if I did a swap to buckets?

·
Purple Member
919 Posts
i don't know how much this will help you but i had a first gen reg cab and with the bench seat one click forward i had a little over 6" of actual mounting depth. Unless you like driving with your knees in your mouth it might be rough but if you are set on a competition setup of this type i guess anything can be done.

What i first thought of when i read this was a few systems i have seen with bucket seats and the sub mounted backwards so the magnet comes out between the two seats. I don't know how you would go about pulling this off with two subs but i just wanted to throw the idea out there for you to mess with. The easiest way to get more room is obvously a blow thru if you are up to it.

Ty

·
Not Me Just The Truck
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have thought about the blow thru idea, does anyone have any pics of this done and any basic instructions? If I was to do this I would like to just cut the bottom out and leave the stock glass and use an not have to use a camper shell and just use a tonnaeu cover

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
yeah...a blowthru is the ONLY way you're going to fit those subs in your truck. im having problems putting MTX 8's (5 15/16" mounting depth) in my standard cab. with a suib that size, and im not a master at car audio or anything, i think you really need a ported box to get a comp-quality system. if you do a search on a blowthru, there is one guy who has a comp-quality system in a standard cab. even with a swap to buckets....i very seriously doubt its going to happen.

·
SVT Cobra Moderator
16,020 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
yeah...a blowthru is the ONLY way you're going to fit those subs in your truck. im having problems putting MTX 8's (5 15/16" mounting depth) in my standard cab. with a suib that size, and im not a master at car audio or anything, i think you really need a ported box to get a comp-quality system. if you do a search on a blowthru, there is one guy who has a comp-quality system in a standard cab. even with a swap to buckets....i very seriously doubt its going to happen.
:stupid:

·
Purple Member
919 Posts
muddys-10- I had a setup for 4 8000's worked out in my reg cab, i was sitting on the dash but it worked as far as cu ft. The 8000's are actually like one of the better subs for std cabs because they have fat wide magnets instead of deep ones. I have the 4 in my setup up for sale right now if you are interested in 2, hercamer.

Ty

·
Purple Member
919 Posts
hercamer-the 8000's are 400 w rms 1000 w peaki think they are like 84 db or something. They require around .6-1 cu ft sealed and these are all off the top of my head so they might be a little off.

muddys-10- I can get you the specs later i don't know them off the top of my head but i have them written somewhere. All i have for sale is the subs so i don't know what you mean by price. I never actually got the speakers into my car to see how it sounded but mathematically it seemed to work. I think i had my seat 3 clicks up so the bottom of the box was liek 13 in or something ridiculous.

Ty

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the peak of the 8000's is only 800 watts - crutchfield has it wrong. how much do you want for 2 of the 8's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts