S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few friends and I were hanging out and decided that since I'am only on 9psi right now this is the only chance the srt-4 would have at actually beating me. So my friend and I decide to go run. We start from a second gear roll at about 30mph ( bad mph for the se-r). three honks and we hit it. His turbo spooled first and he got about a bumper jump on me. My turbo spooled and my front tires broke loose for a few seconds but we are still in the same position with me slowly pulling up. He shifts to third first and I take the lead continuing to pull. His front bumper is now at the back of my front fender. I shift to third and he gains a little ground. I am still pulling though so he is still falling back slowly. He shifts to forth and by now hes about to my rear fender. I shift to forth and continue to pull. When we hit the 95-100mph mark i just started pulling pretty hard. We both shut it down about the 120mph mark with me about 1-1.5 cars ahead. It was a fun run and close like I thought it would be. it is obvious that my car is still faster at the moment. I am pleased for only 9psi. the srt-4 runs 15psi on intial spool and ends up bleeding down to about 12psi at redline. He declined another race in a few weeks when I will be at my goal for this setup...15psi :cool:

just for shits and giggles here is his car next to mine...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are very nice cars. I like them. as of now at 9 psi i am only trapping in the 103 range :(

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Car & driver had a best of 13.8 with a 0-60 of 5.4. The rest of the mags had an average of 13.9. I am sure after 10K+ your times are going to get better also. They were underrated from the factory. Sport compact & some others Dyno'd them at the front wheels with 223HP. Thats more than they rate at the crank. By the way......very nice kill. Thats a bad mutha. I also like that new spec-v SE-R.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
were those times corrected? my local dragstrip is 600 feet alt. , is tis much of a difference from sea level?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I do like the srt-4's, have yet to see one at my local track but they do look pretty cool as far as sport compacts go.

·
Platinum Plus
326 Posts
srt's are sweet wierd that a neon would be the fastest american sport compact made...makes ya wonder

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
There was a yellow one at the track the other day puling consistent 13.1's. I was quite impressed.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NJTy180 said:
id put money on the SE-R

oh yeah, wanna race? :D
you know i would love to race you.. its too bad we are about 1500 miles away..lol

15,113 Posts
97SE-R said:
you know i would love to race you.. its too bad we are about 1500 miles away..lol
ya never know :D

I actually might be moving to Florida at the end of next summer depending on how job stuff goes up here and if the job I want still exists down there. :clap:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NJTy180 said:
ya never know :D

I actually might be moving to Florida at the end of next summer depending on how job stuff goes up here and if the job I want still exists down there. :clap:
sweet! let me know if you do end up down here. Do you know what part of florida your looking at?

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
97SE-R said:
Turbocharged
Is it a BlueBird motor or did you turbo the USDM sr20de.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts