S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lurker
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had there reclining lever on both driver and passenger seats beak off of a 98 Blazer? I thought it was just me pulling to hard until my mother ripped the passenger seats lever off.Thanx!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hell yeah!! Mine broke three times on the driver side and once on the passenger side. There is a guy that makes replacements that are strong enough not to break again. The website is
www.gmseatfix.com

It is much cheaper than having to buy the replacement from the dealership. I love my blazer, but I think they really went cheap on that part. I know a few other people that it happened to as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check at Autozone also.They sell a replacement handle for like $10-$15.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
chronic prob on 98 up s series rides... sucks ass

·
Landmine Carburetor
1,476 Posts
anotherblueblazer said:
Hell yeah!! Mine broke three times on the driver side and once on the passenger side. There is a guy that makes replacements that are strong enough not to break again. The website is
www.gmseatfix.com

It is much cheaper than having to buy the replacement from the dealership. I love my blazer, but I think they really went cheap on that part. I know a few other people that it happened to as well. Good luck.
Yeah, those replacements work great. I have one for my driver's side, still need one for passenger. Definetly worth getting.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
the gmseatfix.com guy must be raking in off of GMs **** up

·
AKA: Blazed2k3
731 Posts
I had this problem on a previous S-10, and I just started pushing the upper part of the seat back as I was releasing the lever and it seems to put ALOT less pressure on the cheesy plastic handle. Haven't broken one since...

BR549

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
yeah both driver and passenger sides on mine broke too... i bought the GMseatfix and it they work perfect.... other wise it could have cost any where from 150 to 350 $$ for the dealer to fix it...

i bought mine off eBay as a pair for $30

1 - 11 of 11 Posts