S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have an 85 S10 Blazer 4x4 Tahoe

Figures, after I rebuild my engine and swap out the 700R4 for the 5 speed, I find performance parts for it and this forum.

Well, I just recently rebuilt it, had it hot tanked and bored 30 over. Put that 5 speed in it, redid the exhaust system....Cat is straight through now, hehe, and took stock muffler out and put Flowtech Warlock on there and ran the exhaust straight out the back on the passenger side, dual exhaust tip.

What I am looking for are more upgrades I can do to this thing. I would like to get headers for it, and a supercharger, but my luck of finding a supercharger hasnt been too good. Cept for the Fageol Superchargers here

http://members.home.net/fageolsuperchargers/

Also, my Blazer seems to be really slow in 4th and 5th gear, especially when going up ANY kind of hill, no matter how small it is. It really is pathetic. I checked the ratio of my rearend and if I did it right, it is a 3.08 Now what should I do about the rear-end?

Last I am considering upgrading my carb if there are any better ones out there?

Thats all for now.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
well 5th is overdrive, and mine will only work after about 70, then it will hold, or slowly gain speed. Also I have 3.73's and they are a good compormise

·
Registered
99 Posts
mine is slow as **** going up hills on the highway and stuff...but my new carburetor made a difference in that. now i dont have to triple downshift to maintain speed :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
My 5th has power now

Thank you HT3.4l crate motor. More pull in every gear & you don't need to shift from 5th to speed up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts