S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of replacing a blown head gaske in my 1995 S10 2.2. The last time I added refrigerant to the AC was two years ago - it leaked out in two weeks and I haven't messed with the AC since. The compressor worked at the time, so I'm guessing it's still good.

I'm trying to decide whether to take the AC system out and go with no AC because the stuff gets in the way when working on the truck, or if I should replace all the O rings and see if that fixes the leak. If I do the latter, I know there's one component I need to replace that goes bad if air gets to it for more than a few days... i think that's the accumulator - no ? If not, can someone tell me what needs to be replaced and if there's more than just the one component? I bought the truck 5 years ago for $500 because it had a blown head gasket and this is the 2nd time doing the head gasket. It also has rust beneath the doors, but other than that it only has 115,000 miles on it so should have some life left in it. Any comments, advice, thoughts on the AC greatly appreciated - thanks !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts