S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a 98 S-10 have a 7.5 or 7 5/8 rearend? What spline 26 or 28?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that bit of information. I just installed a set of 4.10 gears to find out that my spyder gears where trashed, so I was going to replace the carrier with an Eaton posi differential. Summit offers a 10 bolt 7.5 with a 26 spline or a 7 5/8 with a 28 spline. Since I just installed 7.5 gears and then counted the splines on the axle which was 28 I was a little confused, until I found out that GM 10 bolt 7.5 and 7 5/8 were interchangable. Your information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again!

·
Registered
26 Posts
that slponline site

you wouldn't happen to know off hand if that posi unit will fit a 84 s10 if the splines are correct do you? Thanks.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
how much power can that zexel posi handle? my SS limited slip doesnt do sh*t anymore, and im putting out somewhere around 360 hp at the crank, not including the nx kit or blower i want to put on...

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
AVTekk Do yous self a favor and find a 8.5 rear. That 7.5 is not
going to hold up to long.

·
Big Dreamer w/low Budget
207 Posts
AVTekk said:
how much power can that zexel posi handle? my SS limited slip doesnt do sh*t anymore, and im putting out somewhere around 360 hp at the crank, not including the nx kit or blower i want to put on...
go to that same site slponline.com and type this part # in and this should work but kind of high priced:headbang:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts