S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 S-10 Blazer that the rear window release on the dash just stopped working. The switch checks out fine with my multimeter. I have had trouble checking the solenoid as I have been trying to do it by myself and cannot get a good enough connection with my multimeter so my meters memory can record while I press the button. My question is . . is there anything between the switch and release solenoid that could be bad or is it just the switch and solenoid I have to check. BTW does anyone know the routing of the wires in the dash for this switch.

Thanks

·
Phoenix
505 Posts
There is a Park/Neutral switch located on the brake pedal assembly, the ground is provided through this switch. If it is out of adjustment the window release solenoid will not work. Check it first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BravadaAWD,
Do you know the wiring color going into the neutral safety switch from the window switch? Also, shouldn't I have other problems if that switch is out of adjustment ie starter not engaging. Anyway If I know the wiring color I can bypass that to ground and see if it works and if it does I have my answer, if not I guess I still have to look.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts