S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dubbin In Back
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was driving home today, and I heard a loud pop from the left rear of my truck. A few miles down the road I noticed my rear suspension was kind of shaking over little bumps. So when I got out of my truck this is what I noticed

tires= fine
4" drop leaf springs= fine
u bolts= fine

1 year old Toxic drop shocks= left one was completly deflated, and the right one was 3/4 in inflated. This is with the bed empty. I guess what im asking is, are my shocks blown out? And if so can toxic's be rebuilt? I hate the sound of my frame hitting the axle on every little bump, and frankly im kinda pissed. Thanks, Grady:dunno:

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Sounds like it blew up dude. No they can't be rebuilt as the cost of it would be more than buying a new one. take it off and return it to where you bought it. or hell take both of them back and tell them what happened. they might have given you the wrong drop shocks and you over extended them.

·
Dubbin In Back
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought them from like sporttruck.com or something like that. Fit right for a 2-5 drop. I guess Ill just go to AutoZone and pick up some new stock ones with a lifetime warranty?

·
$$Broke Ass Minitruckr$$
548 Posts
YEah just last week streetbeat customs sold me the wrong dropshocks driving down the highway and all of a suden hear this terrible scraping from the driver side front! pull over and find the one toxic shocks dragging on the ground call up streetbeat find out they shipped me the wrong shock no hassle at all the new ones are already here free of charge!!

·
Dubbin In Back
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to muffler man today and they put in 2 new monroe shocks with a one year warrenty installed for $100. Didnt want to spend it, but I had no choice

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
citysledder said:
I went to muffler man today and they put in 2 new monroe shocks with a one year warrenty installed for $100. Didnt want to spend it, but I had no choice
had no choice? you could've returned them... at least tried to... also, shocks are easy, a few bolts and you're done. You would've saved 40-50 bux probably.

either way, glad ya got it fixed

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
belltech shocks are softer too compared to the toxics. I recommend them (toxics) if you don't want to bottom out all the time.
Also the mounting hardware is separate from the shocks so you have to put them together yourself, which is a PITA if you don't have a vise. Belltech's are completely put together which is a time saver. both shocks cost the same price pretty much around $32 a piece.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
citysledder said:
Dude that's a driveway job wich involves taking off a total of 6 bolts to do. the shocks are like $20 shocks that you could have installed yourself man.:sawzall:

·
Dubbin In Back
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well no sh*t. Gee lets see up at college at my frat house with 12 inches of fresh snow on the ground... No lift, no tools, and no help, no extra shocks laying around. Like I said I didnt want to spend it, but I had NO choice.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Well this is a lil late, but should you ever decide to go back
to a drop shock, you might try Summit Racing's street shock
for dropped trucks. They're around 29.00 and change I think
and are good shocks. Last time I heard there were being
made by Doetsch Tech. I run Doestch's and they give a pretty
sweet ride. The same or very close to the Nitro Active shocks.

Summit cuts a contract with different companies to stick their
handle on the product. For instance Summit's drop spindles
and iron blocks are made by Ground Force. I bought em and
they have been trouble free with good instrucs. Ground Force
has a fair website, but every time I asked a question
about their products, they have NEVER failed to respond.
That to me, shows class and a care for the customer's who
buy their wares.

Anyway I for one am glad you got it handled..
:thumbup:

·
Dubbin In Back
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trust me I could have changed it, I did my own fronts, coils, spindles, leafs, blocks... all that crap. I guess the main idea I was trying to get at is, is it worth wasting my time to try to talk to a toxic rep and maybe get something in return instead of grief. Grady

1 - 15 of 15 Posts