S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
andrekeith226 said:
a buddy of mine just got a 99 xtreme that has a rear sway bar on it i was wondering if it would bolt right up to my 98 sdime and how much does it actually help the suspension
it should bolt up fine. i just got mine and will install oon. no holes need to be drilled either it seems.

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
will a rear sway bar help the stiffness of my ride on a 3/4 drop? i know hooking the one up up front helped alot as far as hard/stiffness and was wondering if it would do the same for the rear. and will all the 2nd gens interchange?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Someone should make this thread a sticky. The above link is not entirely true. The rear sway off a 4wd blazer will work on an s10 provided you have the link brackets. The 2wd front sway from the blazer in the same as the zq8 33mm. All 2nd gen, of course. I have installed both on my 2000 non-zq8.

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
so if go and get a rear sway bar from a zq8 it will bolt right up? and what exactly are the link brackets? would a 95 s-10 have these?

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
mrn_89 said:
seems like it has everything. maybe the bolts to hold the brackets. picture isnt big enough to tell. it has 3 bolts per side for the bracket mounts.
and im not sure what you mean about the stiffness of the rear drop, but it will stiffen the side to side movement a lot. btw thats a high price. i got mine for under $100 shipped with everythigni need from a guy on this forum.

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
tried my brackets. seems i gottadrill holes dammit. vertical 2 bolts line up good but the last horizontal ones are off by half a hole. blah. stupid GM tolerances lol.

·
Actually a Camaro person
499 Posts

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
k gotcha...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts