S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at a rear setup for my 95 s10. i am trying to decide between the sd bolt on 5 link and the sd cantilever setup. what are the differances between the 2. i am going to be running a supercharged 408lq4 and 4l60e. i am estimating 750rwhp and it will have a strange s60 rearend with 15in wide mickey thompson street radials. would one work better than the other or is it just more for looks,

thanks
george

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any body have any thoughts or suggestions

thanks
george

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
^ please don't listen to him...

5 link and canti setup are very simliar functionality wise.... the canti setup is more show and will take up a lot more of your bed space. On a 5 link you will have a more using able bed if you decide to sheet metal over the notch and wheels. Also, if you are looking to make big power the weldon (older 5 link kit) might be stronger and eliminate any wheel hop issues. You may run into problems with 15" wide rear tires because the distance between the frame and bed will really only allow for 11-12". Anything wider will call for a narrowed frame and possibly the rear end.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
AIM two link all the way!:rotf:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
frame rails are staying the same width doing a phantom dually bed like the extreme force s10. i was planing on welding the new rails on in addition to the bolts. i know i will have to fab a new diff bracket that i think i can handle. not sure if i would be able to fab a complete rear air suspension system. looks like i may go with the 5 link non canti kit

thanks
george

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts