S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the rear speakers in a 2001 Blazer? Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well, I know how, since I install at circuit city, I've done a few rear swaps in new blazers. Basically the entire rear panel has to be removed, Since the grille doesnt come off.

Kinda hard to explain without actually seeing it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well on a scale of 1-10 how hard is it? I've installed every system I've owned and I've done quite a few of my friends so I know at the very least the basics. Could you give me a general description of how to do it? I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
88 Posts
ur rear seats fold forward right? Im almost forgetting how, since I usually have the vehicle in front of me.

Fold the rear seats forward, u have to remove the seat belt bolt by each rear seat. Should be a large torx bit., then i think u have to lift up the carpet at the base of each rear panel and there may be a few screws holding it down. After that just search for any screws and the whole thing should basically pop off, since its manily held in by those push tabs, like on the dorr panels.

If u have the little hook thing above where the seat belt is in the back, on the trim against the headliner, you may have to remove that phillips screw. I think thats it, like i said, weird trying to explain when its not in front of me.

Now that I think of it, I cant even remember where the speakers are. I have a vivid picture in my mind about the cd changer installs and i dont remember seeing any rear speakers in the rear panels. let me know where they are and maybe that'll help me figure it out.

maybe I'll do one at work today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts