S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im baggin the back of my 01 blazer. I have a SD notch, 2b6 bags n a 3-link. I planned on runnin the bags ontop of the axle, but with the top bag mount all the way to the top of the notch all I have is 3.5" and the bag compressed is 3" so this wouldnt work with 22" wheels. So what I was wondering is if you can run bags infront of the axle rather than behind it (with behind or behind n under axle backets), since the gas tank is right there and there isnt alot of room???

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think you answered your own question, but those brackets can be mounted on top, bottom, back or (although I've never seen) front. Theoretically they may even give you a smidge more lift with the 3 link. If they fit I can't think of a reason not too, I mean I'm sure there could be a reason not too, but I can't think of right now. Good luck, have fun :tup:

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
You can mount them anywhere you heart desires... yes, behind, ontop, in front, under, to the side, in the bed... whereever they can be mounted so as they expand, the truck lifts... They would possibly fit in front of the axle is you mounted them with this sort of bracket...

Only don't have them extend out that far. Suicidedoors may be able to custom fab somethin for ya, but thats what they offer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why wouldnt you want em as long?? There still has to be room for the bag when its compressed.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
That makes the bottom of the bag plate level with the top of the axle... so there is plenty of room for the bag to compress... you wouldn't want them as long, because then you are back at the gas tank issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts