S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna raise my rear end just about 2 to 4 inches in the back for a nice stance on my truck but cant find anything what is the cheapest thing to do $10-$30 range and easy. Where can I get the stuff.

All the thing in JC whitney are made for leafs with the axle under them my axles are above the leave so i guess that means i need something to go between the block under the leaf and the leaf.

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
You can use blocks for over alxe setup, you put them betwwen the leaf and the axle.. their $24.99 for 2" blocks at PEP BOYS

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
cool & thanks. but i wanna here more from other peeps.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
You cannot use blocks to lift an S-10 unless you have done a spring-over-axle conversion. If you install a block you will lower the rear of your truck.

Add-a-leaf's (like the JC Whitney ones) will raise your truck. Short ones give a stiffer ride than long or full length ones. At most you'll get 2.5 inches, an not for under $30.

Shackles can also be used for some lift. Auto parts places sell cheesy univeral shackles with multiple mounting holes for different vehicles and lift amounts. They are about $15 and you can get around 1.5 inches off lift out of them. If you push for more you'll be putting a hurt on your pinion angle and start eating u-joints.

Shackles are the only lift you are going to find for under $30. There's no way you're going to be able to get 4 inches of lift without spending some bucks, because by that point you'll definitly need new shocks as well. Why do you want 2-4 inches of lift in the rear? That's going to look pretty ghetto if the front isn't lifted.

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want that muscle car stance out on it unless theres a easy way to lower the front.

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no springs got c arms are summin and a shock most of you should know that.

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what are the t bars and how do i crank them down . torsion bars of some sort

·
Registered
242 Posts
the tbars are the torsion bars and if you crawl under your truck you will see them runing from your lower control arms up front..there under the door and alls you need to do is crank the bolts down and it will lower the front 1-2 inches..i did my 89 cause the front was sitting higher and now it sits lower in the front

Attachments

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ho do i crank down my t- bars.

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you mean loosen the bolts

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you losen the tbars in the front for 2" of drop, your ride quality will be very poor up front. For lift in the back, you could get the axle under kit from trailmaster, or a simple 2" add-a-leaf for the back. You could even get the BDS wonder leaf for the back that will give you 4" lift. It's like $45 for a pair of them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
those add a leafs you are talking about will raise it with the leafs above or below the axle..it doesn't matter.......bout the only way to get that 4" of lift in the rear would be a combo of shackle and add a leaf. as mentioned before the most, and it's not likely, to get from an add a leaf is 2.5" but probably closer to 1.5" or 2". so do that and a shackle. but don't do it. if you do..be prepared to get laughed at.

·
Registered
377 Posts
SWTexasBLAZER said:
those add a leafs you are talking about will raise it with the leafs above or below the axle..it doesn't matter.......bout the only way to get that 4" of lift in the rear would be a combo of shackle and add a leaf. as mentioned before the most, and it's not likely, to get from an add a leaf is 2.5" but probably closer to 1.5" or 2". so do that and a shackle. but don't do it. if you do..be prepared to get laughed at.
BDS makes a very thick add-a-leaf. It's as thick as 2 leafs. I got a set at Mumblys Off Road in Michigan. I don't think you can order from their site though. They called it a Wonder Leaf and it lifted the rear of my Ramcharger 4". I'm sure it can lift the rear of an s10. Call them up and ask for the part number for the BDS "Wonder Leaf" and you could order it direct from Bds.

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah i read that up above.......it sounded interesting. i forgot to ask abou it. how is the ride quality with it?

·
4x4 Triple Nickle
41 Posts
how about "shock extenders"?

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
FoxRace4x4 said:
how about "shock extenders"?

For what...lift? Shocks don't lift springs do.

Johny reb, If you want a 2" lift go with a add-a-leaf from one of the many suppliers out there. If you want a 4" use a add-a-leaf and shackle combo. I saw some lift shackles on truckin.com that were 2" and looked good. If you go 4" keep an eye on the pinion angle you might have to add a degree shim to get it back in to line. Also with a 4" lift your going to have to get some longer shocks, your stockers will be too short. Your also not going to get this stuff for $30, you'll need to save some more money.

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well instead i just lowered the front with the torsion bars and it looks good the ride sucks but it does handle alot quicker and can take some corners pretty good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts