S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 s10 pickup rear windshield sliders are gone but the Glass is good , can I get a hardware kit or do I need a whole new glass ?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
The seal around my 94 is dried out and cracked (but my glass is good), so I looked around at one point and gave up. Seems you can only get the whole window. LMC Truck has them for our models for $300. If you find out different, let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it factory or aftermarket?
Factory , someone broke it breaking into the trunk according to original owner . I'm thinking about putting a straight glass in because being a crew cab I'll never be opening it anyway .

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
986 Posts
use a piece of plexiglass- it won't break jagged like regular glass- and if you want real glass- pay the $$$ and get TEMPERED SAFTY Glass- it shatters into tiny cubes- the top rail is a little deeper than the bottom- slide up and the drop into lower rail- measure from top to just below top of bottom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
use a piece of plexiglass- it won't break jagged like regular glass- and if you want real glass- pay the $$$ and get TEMPERED SAFTY Glass- it shatters into tiny cubes- the top rail is a little deeper than the bottom- slide up and the drop into lower rail- measure from top to just below top of bottom
The glass is not broken ,all the glass and latch are there it's the slide track that is gone

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
986 Posts
poster edge- plastic edge for holding a poster and a piece of plexi- or some thin small hardware store hose-split and slide on edge of glass then look in the metal section for a u shaped piece of channel stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts