S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle or reassembling my 99 s10 after replacing the head gasket but I'm having trouble with the rear fuel rail fitting. I was able to disconnect it with a crescent wrench but cant get it back on. I'm planning on going to sears to get a set of flare nut wrenches and need to know what size I need. Does anybody know which one to get?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I'm in the middle or reassembling my 99 s10 after replacing the head gasket but I'm having trouble with the rear fuel rail fitting. I was able to disconnect it with a crescent wrench but cant get it back on. I'm planning on going to sears to get a set of flare nut wrenches and need to know what size I need. Does anybody know which one to get?

Thanks
why dont you size it up by putting the crescent wrench on it, then measure the crescent wrench with a machinists scale. I dont know why you even took it off. I said the hell with it and left it connected. lifted the head up a little and slid it to the exhaust side til the studs were clear then pulled it out and called it a day. Good luck w/ that fitting dude thats gonna be a bitch. Just jack the truck up, pull the wheel and reach through the wheel well to get it. or if you havent torqued the head down pull the head back off and connect the line. If you have the head torqued down dont disassemble it unless you feel like buying new bolts and gaskets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts