S-10 Forum banner
1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  chevymec 
#1 ·
I have a 1997 chevy s10 with a 2.2 5speed base model and i was wondering if i could get some help im wanting to put a limited slip in my rear end so i can get better traction in bad weather or towing. How can i go about it. I do believe i have the 7.5 rear end.

#2 ·
There are some options. Change the current carrier to a limited slip, or change out the entire rear end. The problem is the rear end with the Gov-Loc won't have the same gear ratio. I don't believe the 2.2L came with a Gov=Loc...for obvious reasons... 😂 Some of the guys will tell you to get good all season/snow tires and some weight in the back for the snowy days.

#6 ·
Look on LS1 tech for a carrier. Usually those Fbody guys will upgrade and sell their old carriers. I got a good deal on an Auburn unit from an SS car or WS6 car I think it was. I feel a 2.2 truck would have a 3 series gear in it but you need to confirm that also when getting a carrier.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.