S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make sure before I buy a rolled blazer that the rear end is the same meaning all I have to do is swap them it is an 89 blazer I have a 91 dime. and if I use the gas tank off the blazer will it hang below my roll pan. Will I hanve to sink it in my bed or will it mount cleanly under the bed

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
they are the same thing as long as they are both either 4wd or 2wd....the gear ratio might be different also...they will bolt up the same though...check the rpo codes in the glove box to figure out the ratio

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
and the roll pan will hide some of the gas tank if it has the license plate tag in it...you will see the tank a little on the sides but it wont be really noticeable..its prob a black tank so it wont stand out..and since your bagged it will probably be pretty low that you wont see it...ohh and it wont drag when fully laid out either..do a search for the pics i posted of my blazer tank in my pickup

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lownslow my truck is 2wd and the blazer is 4wd I hadn't considered them to be different I was looking for the possi and lower gears for racing how much does the differance make and can it easily be overcome

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
icerain said:
lownslow my truck is 2wd and the blazer is 4wd I hadn't considered them to be different I was looking for the possi and lower gears for racing how much does the differance make and can it easily be overcome
4wd is 2" wider zr2 is 4" wider

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sh!t Hutch you know where I can get a deal on gears and possi a local junk told me $450 for a 3.73 possi that would fit my truck is that a good price

·
YAY for Primer!
223 Posts
Find a Good Posi rear from a 82-92 Camaro. I dunno what the best way to adapt it to a leaf spring rear would be, But, Its alot easier to find and its pretty much the same rear!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about that my uncle has a iroc rear end because he bought one to use engine tranny Etc. for his 30 somethin ford. But he told me it was wider he might just be wanting to hang onto it and I will be buying a 4link and bags for the back after I figure out my rear end problem

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
i measured up a firebird rear once at a junkyard and it was almost 8 inches wider..i wanted to swap it cause i couldve gotten it for 100 and it was 373 posi and discs..

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always hear of street rods and dragsters narrowing rearends is it expensive or hard I have no clue about that

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
posi - Zexel from SLP 99
Gears - watch ebay get some low milage i got my 3.42's for 50

the bopnus of the 4X4 rear end you can get vette wheels on with no spacers then get adapters for the front tho i do still think the Zexel is better than the OEM Posi esp in design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts