S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have ordered the s10 Bag bracket kit , got the side shock mount kit also, I also have 2, 3 gallon air tanks, a 450 viar compressor, blue switch box, 8 3/8 valves, I think thats pretty much what I have so far. I have been reading on bagginit.com for more understanding of what im getting into here. I have bagged a 97 ford probe so this is not my first vehicle, but it is my first truck. I have been studying how to make my own 4 link and have seen a couple of ways to do it. Is there a great difference in the price of buying a kit and building one. Also I see that most people have a differential braket, I wanna weld my 4 link onto the axel around it what will that hurt. I want to do this right the first time.. So any advice would be greatly appreaciated. I have been reading and studying this for quite some time. Just wanna make sure that I have everything needed.Thanks in advance

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've never seen anyone build an amazing setup on the first try. I have made my own 5 link, took a while, but I love it and its perfect. It cost me about $20 for the steel, and I used some old leaf spring bushings I had laying around. The problem with mounting the center links on the axel itself is that it is not very good at preventing rotation of the axel. The diferental mounted bracket raises the wishbone up so that the pivot points are not an the same axis (if that makes sense) If you run a parrallel 4 link and do a center wishbone on the axel it would work, but at that point a panhard bar is easier. Hope that helped

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i would just buy one of the kits on sd.com and weld it on. you can get a 4 link built to your specs that will weld on to your axle for under 300 dollars. www.suicidedoors.com is the site btw if you dont know what sd stands for

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im a learner.....Panhard bar.....Do I need a panhard bar.......I could buy a 4 link but seeing how everything I buy from suicide i have to put together I figure just buy all this here save on the shipping and weld it together my self.... yes I know a little about the angles.........I know I need to keep it around 2 degrees,,,i have spent alot of money already and to be honest I have no Idea what I wanna do anymore now I have the over the axel kit and dont want it. I was thinking of doing bags on the link setup. Plus money is an issue I have to start saving for body and paying my freind to do all the welding. Im looking at spending more money to buy bags also. I mean this thing is nickle and dimeing me...I am ready to remove some reflectars here. I mean I may be thinking this too much,

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
try one of their kits. if you get wither a wishbone upper, or u angle your uppers you wont need a panhard. you will only need a panhard if your running a 2 link, or a parellel 4 link. i think pan hard bars are a bad idea, i mean they work but it wont allow your axle to go straight down. it does a arc motion when it goes down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts