S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 02 S-10 Extended cab 4.3 automatic. It has the stock 3.42 rear end w/o the locking diff. I have tried some dealerships. It seems the change from a locking to non-locking diff is not big. Just a matter of changing some of the internal parts not the whole gear itself. Currently the non-locking rear end is real fun in the rain, considering every time I try to accelerate the car wants to get sideways on me, in the dry too. My question is, would any of you guys have an idea of price or time it would take to do this job. I am not the greatest home mechanic, but I know hot to follow instructions real well and already have the shop manual thanks to a friend who works at a Chevy dealer. And, if the dealer is not the best place, where else could I order the locking rear end. I would honestly like to stay with the gear set the rear end currently has. Considering I do a lot of highway driving I do not want to kill the fuel mileage too much. any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
253 Posts
DO YOU HAVE THE MODEL #?

I GOT A 98 S-10 4.3L AUTO 3.42GEARS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still trying to find the part number for the s-series truck. unfortunately for me. the SLP website is not the easiest to navigate nor do they have the world's best internal search engine. too bad it doesn't know how persistent i am. i am trying to look it up part by part. i thought i had found it yesterday. as soon as i find it i will post the part number and location on the website here. so stay tuned. :rock:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I found it!!!!!

part# 64501T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts