S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well let me start by explaining my problem.

I just bought a 2001 S-10 fully bagged, 2.2l for cheap as hell. The problem is that the rear end is completely locked up. I need to get this to my house and not sure how to go about getting it on to a trailer or getting it unlocked in order to move it. The differential is completely locked up on it and I am going to do a complete axle swap with the help of a friend.

Does anybody have any quick methods that I can get this thing to roll in order to move it. I really don't want to drag it on a trailer than try and drag it off.

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
the axles slide into the differential carrier and are most likely held by a c-clip, im sure if you looked in there you may find out why the wheels wont turn.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
you sure its the rear and not the transmission? Jack the truck up and put transmission in Neutral. Try turning the tires. If not than it could be the rear. Are you sure the brakes aren't what is locking it up?

But what you could do is just get a wrecker to get it and haul it for you. If that is no option. Than wheel dollies or some other device to get it on trailer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I got it home, thanks for all your help, come to find out the guy who had it before me didn't know what he was talking about. What it was is the bracket from the air ride suspension that hooks onto the differential to keep the driveline straight broke all the bolts out in the top of the differential. The differential twisted and the u-joint was all jacked up. Anyways still got to change out the differential so I'll be good to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts