S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Anyone tell me the importance of this part, its out of an 00 s10 with a 4.3 5 speed 8.5 rear with gov lock

What does it do, and do I need installed in the rear end to work

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
looks like the governor assembly for the gov lok, and it is needed for the gov lok to work.

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So with out this part installed then the rear end will still work it just wont have the gov lock? Could it be possible that that part just disenages the gov lock above 20mph? So if it were to be installed now it would have the gov lock over that speed?

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
i have no idea if it would be safe to use the gov lok differential without that part or not. i havent really saw one up close to see if it holds any parts in place or not. i wouldnt recommend using it without that part, but then again i dont know if it would hurt anything or not.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Navecm was asking this question for me the other day since I had my truck apart in his garage, I put it back together without that piece and it worked fine on the way home. I assume I just have an open differential at this point, don't really care I am getting it out for a heavy duty eaton, but for now it will be fine I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts