S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
WhackdOutGemini
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just pulled my dime out of the garage today, and there was snow in the driveway of course, I hit the brakes and thought I was stopped until I felt the truck sliding it's ass end..I look out back at my wheels and to my surprise they were both still spinning....okaaaaay...the question i'm gonna ask is do I need to check the rear brakes and see if they need to be changed or just do a re adjustment? the pedal damn near goes to the floor when pressed hard and I had to press hard to make them stop spinning. I changed the front pads out...I can't remember if I bled them or not. DAMN computerized pieces of sh*t. BTW, does anyone know how to get rid of the ZZZ ZZZZ ZZZZ sound when sliding and switch to REAL brakes?
 

·
I hate you
Joined
·
2,241 Posts
That zzzz zzzzz zzzzzzzzzz sound is your anti lock brakes, and you might want to bleed the brakes at all 4 corners(and check to see it the shoes need replacing). Also, remember rear brakes only receive 20% of the braking power, so if you're on ice then it's gonna take a little longer for them to stop, cuz the other 80% are holding the front brakes, plus if there is air in the system it'll take even longer.
 

·
Wyotech = October
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Mine has spun the rear tires, while I was on the brake before, but I didnt have to put it to the floor to stop them..

You may need new shoes, or adjust them..
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top