S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruptured my rear brake line today in my '88 after having to stab the brakes because of some shit people were swerving around in the middle of the interstate. Also wound up with a punctured tire, but that's the least of my concerns.

Is the rear brake line 1/4"? I'm obviously going to have to bend my own line which I know is a huge pain in the ass. Any words of advice for this?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I just replaced the entire rear brake line on my baja with a new one and it wasn't too bad.

Cost me about $86 dollars for a stainless steel line.

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
1/4 yes, to the axle

then 3/16 after the brak hose, along the axle tubes

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Replaced it today. Wasn't too bad. I cut and left the front portion since it was still in great shape. Just the back 2/3 of it was rusty as hell, particularly at the bend going towards the brake hose bracket, which is where it blew out.

I used a 1/4" hydraulic compression union and coupled it about mid door. Really didn't require all of the same bends the factory line had. Just enough to run along the frame rail. Used a couple zip ties to bundle it with the fuel line and some wires, and made sure it wasn't rattling or rubbing anything. Took forever to bleed but got it done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts