S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to drop my 2000 ext cab sonoma in the rear to level iy out. I have found 2" drop blocks but not any 2" blocks that are tapered. Is it necessary to use the sloping tapered blocks for extended cab trucks?

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
you may not need angled blocks for just 2 inches. i lowered my truck 5 inches and used 2 inch angled blocks, i've heard, if you go that low then u'll need to. i ended up having my driveshaft cut because of the noise it was making (rammed into the tranny) you can get bell tech 6200 blocks (non angled) and later try shims if you feel vibration or try the bell tech 6202 2 inch angled blocks and hope all is well. i got mine through summit. i had called bell tech but he didn't seem to have a good answer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just a FYI. I used 1" Belltech blocks from Discount Tire ($24, including bolts) with my fiberglass tonneau cover on a ZQ8 suspension.
Everything is level.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
discount tire sells stuff besides tires? **** worked there for over a year, *******s were holdin out on me!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought the blocks from Discount via their website a couple of years ago. One of those obscure icons that looks like a word, if I can remember.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
angled blocks are for x cabs

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
no one ever seems to know to use angled blocks, shims or cutting the drive shaft. every truck seems to be different. i've heard that if you going lower then 3 inches you'll need some type of angle or shim. the other thing, people may too shim their carrier bearing. bell tech couldn't give me a straight answer on weather i should use a block that was angled or flat. in my case my drive shaft was cut (i lowered myself and had that done) i did not have any vibration and i dropped mine with a 2inch angled block and 3 inch drop leafs. the rear sat lower then the 5 inches i thought, maybe because the leafs are for a regular cab. i would recomend measuring your pinion angle to be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts