S-10 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Been there Done it
8,622 Posts
How did you keep it from draining too much out and getting air in before the ABS? I have both ends to do you know along with new hoses.
I bought a pack of barbecue sticks at Walmart for a couple bucks. They come in 2 sizes in the pack. Just break off a short piece with the long pointy end and stick it into the loose brake line. Not air tight forever, but does help preventing the rears for bleeding all the way to the master. Takes a lot of fluid if all that 1/4" long line drains. I have a Tech2 and have never needed to use it to bleed my ABS pump. That's only necessary if a bunch of air gets in from above.

Reactions: goes2fast

·
Old Fart
3,870 Posts
I bought a pack of barbecue sticks at Walmart for a couple bucks. They come in 2 sizes in the pack. Just break off a short piece with the long pointy end and stick it into the loose brake line. Not air tight forever, but does help preventing the rears for bleeding all the way to the master. Takes a lot of fluid if all that 1/4" long line drains. I have a Tech2 and have never needed to use it to bleed my ABS pump. That's only necessary if a bunch of air gets in from above.
View attachment 341824
Thanks for the tip! :)

·
Registered
1997 S10 5.3L
125 Posts
I got a VCX Nano in yesterday. Can't get it working so far.

I'm going out looking for a dirt road tomorrow, I think.
There is a video I had to watch to get it installed properly. There's an order it all has to be done. If you go to their website I believe there is a walkthrough video.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There is a video I had to watch to get it installed properly. There's an order it all has to be done. If you go to their website I believe there is a walkthrough video.
I got it to talk to the truck, finally, but it still wouldn't do anything other than show the real time engine data. I'm wondering if I need to try it on a windows 7 computer.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,125 Posts
FOOD FOR THOUGHT- soft pedal can be caused by the Rubber lines starting to fail. PS- if you DID NOT run the master out of fluid- no need to bleed ABS- s series can be 100% gravity bled, as long as you keep the master filled.Since you changed the rear end- check the line there- and retighten- a tiny air leak even with no fluid lose can give a soft pedal also.

Reactions: Merlyn

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Funny you should mention running the master out of fluid.. :: wince ::

I did the gravel road bit yesterday, since I hadn't bled the ABS pump after I installed it. Then I vacuum bled the brakes and.... Yeah. So I re-bled all 4 corners yesterday to fix that, then did the gravel road treatment again this morning and bled them more carefully. I'm finally somewhat confident there's no significant air in the system.

I've been considering braided stainless brake hoses since I got the truck- that's probably going to be the next thing I try, unless there brake booster tests bad.

The problem predates the axle swap, so I'm fairly confident there isn't a leak there.

Thanks!!
Merlin

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,125 Posts
ok- more info always good- sounds like your rubber lines then.

Reactions: Merlyn
21 - 28 of 28 Posts