S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean seriously some people tell me it is horrible and i shouldnt even think about it but then soem people tell me it is fine as long as you know how to drive. This will be a Daily driver with a LT1 in it. Should i just go with a 4/5 drop and eb done with it or should i say ahh frug it and go with a 5/6. O yea and no one say bags because is out of the question.

one more question. How does a 4 inch block ride out back? Is it reliable enough to run for a long time? say about a couple years or so?

·
Bags are for ****
427 Posts
i have a 4/5 and it rubs with stock ZQ8 rims and tires when i crank it and i bottom out on the carrier bearing X member all the time

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
My buddy did a 5/6 drop on his 98 s10 and he had to notch the frame on it. He bottoms out all of the time also. He's been stuck on RR crossings on several occasions. Another thing, with you having a V8 swap then you would have to worry about busting the tranny too. As for 4" blocks, they ride rough as hell. Feels like you have no suspensions in the rear at all. With having a v8 I would go with 3" leaves and blocks, depending on how low you decide to go.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
i would say go with a 4/5 because the added weight of the v8 is gonna make the front bottom out constantly with a larger drop. and the frame is probably gonna just sit on the axle, especially under acceleration with 6 inches in the back. get leaves in the rear for sure cuz they give a much smoother ride.

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
I'd just go with a 4/5 man........I have a 4/5 and I need it a inch and a half lower in the rear because the fronts higher. Scary thing is, I haven't gotten my lo pro's yet. I still have 235/75's........so I figure when I DO get smaller tires, i'll be re killing roadkill. I figure there is no way around ending up having a 5/6 for me........

·
potholes SUCK!!!
173 Posts
i had a 5/4 drop on my '94. the stock tires rubbed the fenderwells in front if a hit a bump too hard. other than that it was fine. u just have to watch where ur goin.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think ive come to the conlusion to wait until AFTER i do the v8 to decided what to do to the suspension. Ill proably not touch the front end and if i do it will just be getting some 2 inch coils to replace the 1.5 ZQ8s. The back though will be getting some new leaves and a block. Just dont know what yet.

·
Insert witty remark here
4,748 Posts
I drove around with a 6/7 for months and had no problems. There were a few ocassions where I would hang up on RR crossings but never got stuck. I figure if you got the balls then do it. Ill be doing it again in about a month

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
i have had a 4/4 drop w/1" drivers lean, stock tires (205/75R15) rubbed on bumps, now w/205/60R15 they rub, but not too bad, but there's a 1" difference in tires now, another inch lower :D JUST BAG IT!!! LOL. Oh, i had 4" blocks for about 9 months, they cracked... they were DJM... I've been told its the salt, i've been told its aluminum not getting along w/steal.... i dunno.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey racer what is j-town? Im from springfield.

·
Dubbin In Back
406 Posts
I had a 5/8 for a while, 4" leafs and 4" blocks and it was really crappy, but looked slick as hell. I am running 245/40 in the front and 275/30 in the back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts