1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
you dont need tapered blocks with a reg cab. those are for Extended cab dimes

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
Yes...shorter end towards the front of the truck.

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
I already told you,... Taperd/Angled blocks are ment for EX Cabs,... not Single Cabs. thats why you couldnt find anything about using em on your application. You need NON-tapered blocks.

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
devilman13xx said:
i know that but the taper on these is very slight, i had been looking at them for like 10 minutes before i even noticed they had it lol

like i said when i ordered i told them what i had and this is what they sent
then they screwed up and should get you the right parts. that taper would screw up your pinion angle and will cuase vibrations later.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
return that shit and tell them to send you 3" blocks no taper/angle.

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
devilman13xx said:

thats what i ordered,only through summit, what should i do?
think i could go grab some 3" ones from like autozone then just return my angled ones and say they were wrong or should i try selling or trading the angled one?

thanx for the help

do yourself a favor and dont buy the ones from AZ. I've hear horror stories. Go to Summitracing.com and order you some Belltech 3" NON-tapered blocks and sell the ones you have,... or return em,.. up to you.

·
is out cruisin...
1,619 Posts
youll be fine man...the angled blocks are to help out the pinion angle on an ext. cab but mine have been great for the last freakin two years and i aint got no god dang vibration...youre straight...go ahead and do it unless you just wanna go spend another $20 on some more blocks...:rolleyes: its up to you

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
hotrod95 said:
youll be fine man...the angled blocks are to help out the pinion angle on an ext. cab but mine have been great for the last freakin two years and i aint got no god dang vibration...youre straight...go ahead and do it unless you just wanna go spend another $20 on some more blocks...:rolleyes: its up to you
have fun replacing your u-joint.:rolleyes:

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
What devilman failed to mention is he will be removing the 2nd leaf from his pack,.. so the tapered blocks will correct the pinion angle once he does that. so its all good.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
DfntPntbll said:
What devilman failed to mention is he will be removing the 2nd leaf from his pack,.. so the tapered blocks will correct the pinion angle once he does that. so its all good.
True dat.

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
AZ = Auto Zone

And if you want non-tapered blocks... Summit is really good with exchanges, they seem to understand that people make mistakes, but up to you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts