S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2000 s-10 , (sorry no pic its too dark to get the digital camera out right now) and I cant decide where to go with the suspension, ive already done some minor bolt on mods, and im currently restoring a 78 nova by hand, so I do have some automotive skills, but suspensions are my weakness (im clueless about them). Im looking to go with a 3/3-4 drop by the pictures ive seen, although a 4/5 drop does look nicer I hear about the **** ride it gives and bumpstop problem etc. My goal is to have a smooth ride (my truck rides like the axles are welded to the frame as is, I figure anything is better) and not worry about clattering suspension parts and such. I'm a perfectionist and demand on the best stuff as long as its not unreasonably priced (for example I wont use blocks no matter what the quality, and I wont order from JC whitney) and this truck is a daily driver and I want something that I can install right the first time and leave be. Is lowering going to work for me? :) Also im getting new tires and an alignment in 2 weeks (no cost to me but I cant get a diffrent tire size, long story, so im stuck with the same as stock wheel+tire size) and I dont like the idea of my tires rubbing. Anyways now that im done stating how picky I am, any suggestions? I would appreciate any feedback :)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
let me break some prices down for you.

ok if you want a 4 5 drop
spindles are 149
springs are 90
leafs 180
blocks 25
shocks 120 (doestsch tech)

this is from summit.

now ive done many trucks with 3 inch lower a arms and 4 inch angled blocks. there is no problem with this set up and your stock shocks work fine. id get some monroes though for this set up because you dont need a shorter shocks

e mail me at [email protected] ive done many of them www.loweredvisions.com
is our site

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
If you refuse to use blocks... the lowest your going to get is 3" in the rear :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with blocks, And belltech is a decent brand.

Spindles are the way to go if you don't want to use the A-arms... I wouldn't suggest 3" springs up front if ride quality is what your after :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, it looks like im going with this- (please stop me if im headed the wrong way:)

3" leafs
2" spindles
1" springs
1" blocks
shocks up front
shocks in the back? why does noone see these as nessecary (as far as sellers are concerned)?

I was considering using Chasis Tech stuff, is this a good idea? (belltech seems to be a lot more expensive, and price isnt a big deal but hey, money is money)

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
CHasis tech

I got a 4/5 drop kit from chasis tech and i was happy with what i got, 2" spindles 2" coils, 3" drop leaf, 2" block after i installed it i was very happy with the ride, it rode just like it did stock and even better than stock at some times. Then when i hit a pretty big bump it didn't feel to good.....a 3/4 kit would be good for what you plan on doing to it as a daily driver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, after spending 2 hours calling places and looking online ive decided to scrap this idea, finish my sound system finally, and just get a nice 4link airbag setup for the back and one of those bag+shock in one systems for the front when I get the $, I figure thats the best way to go so I can lower it reasonably and not look like one of those ricers bouncing all over the road when I drive.

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
THe thing about the built in shock bags are that they don't last to long and that the bottom bushing goes out. Also they are expensive. The 4 link kit that people sell is that as good as you might think....i would get a trangulated 4 link with the bags on top of your axle, with a step notch.
If you are not looking for the bouncing around type of setup i would go with manual valves instead of electric valves. They're slow but it will pick up the truck and drop the truck how ever you want it.
Chad
[email protected]
www.geocities.com/chadstick99/night_vision.html

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
3 INCH SPRINGS RIDE SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did a guys s10 today

DOOF [email protected]

e mail him and ask him how nice it rides it feels like stock.

if you are going with 3 inch in front just get the springs. ive done many s10s with the belltech ones and it rides really nice

tony

·
For Sale
190 Posts
Bro, go with whatever tony says, he is a true Pro. when it comes to suspension. he did my truck and i cant tell you how happy i am, Go bell tech and be happy , and cut bumpstop brackets off and u'll be happy for life, make sure you get good shocks tho! front and back, but if u have stock bilstien zq8 shocks use it for the rear, More give to em = smoother ride:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, I already spent my money on my system and a rear end setup with supra lights, but it looks like Ill buy my suspension one peice at a time. Although ive been adviced against springs more than 1" ill trust tony though, he seems to be the expert around here :) belltech 3" are gona get ordered tomorrow with some shocks :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.