S-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wanna Race? To the ground
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that bladehines has 12 8's in his truck. And I'm wanting to do the same thing kinda..
my truck is Ex cab and I'm wanting to put 16 of them back there in a ported wall.
But I can't get ahold of RE Audio at all! And I'm getting pissed at them. So I have been considering different models of subs.
I'm kinda interested in the Tang Band 8's that partsexpress sells. The specs compare pretty closely to the RE's and they are probably a bit cheaper.
Does anyone have any experience with the Tangband 8's? OR any other decently priced subs out there.
Maybe I should just be patient and go with the RE's:rant:

·
Banned
7,395 Posts
i don't have any experience with the Tangbands but I've had a similar experience with RE. If I decide to buy anymore of their subs or if I decide to get one of their amps, I am dealing strictly with my semi-local dealer. I've tried emailing them before and never got a response. I've tried calling them many times and when I do get answered, I always seem to get the guy that must hate answering calls. I won't complain about RE's subs, but I can't stand the customer service. If you are interested in 8's you may want to consider the Ascendant Audio 8" Assassins, they look beefier than the RE's and from what I've read, they get very loud for 8s. I think they are still on sale for $45.

·
Registered
557 Posts
What about the JL 8w0? I got mine locally for only $60 with a 3yr warranty.

·
Wanna Race? To the ground
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I'm not stuck on getting 8's. Its just been that I've been using 15in subs for like 5 years, and I'm wanting to go the other route.
And I don't know many people that have that type of setup so it would be different.

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
yea my 15's are annoying but sweet... i have no room for anything anymore though....its nice but it frustrates me usually i think imma get some 8's or 10's let us know about tang bands

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
i assume you are referring to the TB W8's? i have the W6's and they are a lot of fun. i think they would be a great choice for you.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
i've heard good thing about the Tang Band 8s. Good output and SQ and great price. I believe they are also underrated powerwise meaning they can handle more than their rms wattage rating.

·
Sportbike Nut
245 Posts
Is there a link for the assasins? Also does anyone know the min. sealed enclosure space for an re 8" and 10" I'd like to go with a single 10 over the 8, just don't know if I'll have the space.

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
Sportbike Nut
245 Posts
Those look nice. What is the term used for minimum enclosure volume. I keep seeing qes, qts, all these q words that I have no idea what they mean.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
jjminch said:
Those look nice. What is the term used for minimum enclosure volume. I keep seeing qes, qts, all these q words that I have no idea what they mean.
http://www.timn8er.com/definitions.htm

There is no (t/s) definition for a minimum enclosure size, only perameters that will allow you 'tune' you box given a certain volume size or tuning freq etc. There is a spec for maximum enclosure volume however, the size in which the enclosure's air compliance is the same as the speaker's suspension compliance, which creates a free-air situation (Vas).

·
Sportbike Nut
245 Posts
Hmmm. Well about I put it this way, and maybe audioholic can help me out. Is ~.27 cubic feet going to be enough for an RE 8 or 10? Which would I be better off going with for this small sealed enclosure? I don't want to go much bigger than that.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
What Punk said. IIRC that's too small for the 10. Consult RE's site for recommended enclosure volumes.

·
Sportbike Nut
245 Posts
Thanks guys. Just checked the site. It said 0.217 sq sealed for the 8" So subtracting the space taken up by the speaker I should be pretty close. I found a builder on ebay who offered to make the box for $25 plus shipping. I'm not needing a whole lot of bass, so hopefully the re will fit the bill.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts