S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Rebel Devil
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i figured was a good day to fix some scratches that some crazy bitch put on my car. while i was at it, i am painting my dash bezel and my gauge bezel.

i painted everything by hand!

it started raining so i had to stop, i wasnt going to paint with that much moisture in the air.

oh yea my needles too!

·
sold the dime :(
4,586 Posts
wow.. what the hell did she do to it? and your dash looks lumpy.. and whys there a hole drilled in it beside the gauges?

·
Draggin a Ranger now
464 Posts
Gotta love the vengeful women! A buddy of mine had a '98 dime painted that burnt copper color with ghost flames and his ex keyed it down to bare metal all the way down both sides and wrote some shit on the 'gate with her key as well.

-Mike

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
96xcab said:
Gotta love the vengeful women! A buddy of mine had a '98 dime painted that burnt copper color with ghost flames and his ex keyed it down to bare metal all the way down both sides and wrote some shit on the 'gate with her key as well.

-Mike
i would have pee'd in her butt for that!:p

y do they get so upset? get a life bitch!

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
comon heath! show us the pics of the clusters with the lights on! it's damned awsome that way!

·
Rebel Devil
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rbryant4 said:
wow.. what the hell did she do to it? and your dash looks lumpy.. and whys there a hole drilled in it beside the gauges?

lumpy? you may be looking at where i taped things off. the hole is for a LED that flashes when my alarm is on

·
Rebel Devil
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wanted the texture. and i sanded with 1000 grit to get a fresh serface, and keep the texture

·
Registered
39 Posts
did you prime it first? what kind of paint did you use?

·
Rebel Devil
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
matt_clifford said:
did you prime it first? what kind of paint did you use?

yea i cleaned it with dawn and water, then rubbed it down with rubbing alcohol. then i primed it. i put on 3 light coats. i then sanded the gauge and dash bezel cleaned it with alcohol. put down three lights coats of nuber matching paint, then two layers of clear.

i sanded down the marks on my car then shot down some filler primer sanded it down, until i could not feel the scratches. then primered the panal and tailgate. i will put down three coats of color, and two shots of clear.

·
Rebel Devil
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for the last time i sanded the damn thing. what does it matter to you people if i leave the texture there or not?? thisis my project, and i am doing it my way

·
Rebel Devil
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well just about every message i have left, i have stated that i sanded. what does it matter if i like the texture or not?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hammrshell said:
well just about every message i have left, i have stated that i sanded. what does it matter if i like the texture or not?
i feel you. everyone has different preferences and tastes. besides, there's nothing custom about a "cookie cutter" mini.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Hammrshell said:
for the last time i sanded the damn thing. what does it matter to you people if i leave the texture there or not?? thisis my project, and i am doing it my way
Dude relax. Its what ever floats your boat. For me, I've done the painted grain, and I've done the sanded smooth and painted routine. For me the sanded smooth route looks best. The paint looks more even on a smooth surface. Grain and texture look disruptive unpainted, and even more when highlighted with paint.

But its your build.

On a side note. You can't expect everyone to be receptive. If you wanted to dodge comments then you shouldn't have posted anything at all. Its a forum. Its to talk, its to express ones self, just like you expressed yourself by painting it and then posting it.

No offence as I wasn't trying to be offensive.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
matt_clifford said:
i feel you. everyone has different preferences and tastes. besides, there's nothing custom about a "cookie cutter" mini.
Completely agree. The Envoy clips were an original idea till it got blown out of proportion. Its a good looking bumper but something I won't do to avoid the cookie nature of it. Same thing with tweed. Grey tweed in the interiors was in freaking every ride you saw in mags. Now-a-days, the painted and smooth interior is making a good entrance. IMO it just looks cleaner when the exterior wraps into the interior with mating interior / exterior paint and schemes. Now thats custom.

·
Rebel Devil
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no i understand this is an open forum. but all too often all i see is in fact no artistic or consructive criticism. its normally "i dont know about that" or "not what i would have done, but sweet ride anyway"

·
Rebel Devil
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Alright guys and girls. I am finally getting back to painting my car. The humidity is finally low, 35%, which is extremly dry here in arkansas. I just finished taping everything, im fixin to prep the body one last time and go for it. quick question though, how long do i need to let the paint sit before i take the tape off?

this is a pic of the door jam

on a strange note, i dont know if you can tell from these pics but there is a masive migration of catipillers in the driveway

this is Daisy by the way

finally my dash and gauge bezel. before we continue read this. YES i sanded it, Yes there is texture showing, and YES i wanted it that way. Anyways im sick as hell right no from all the damn polin. The bezels look dirty because that is the amount of polin it collected being outside for 10 minutes. just have to do one last cleanup on those.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts