S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Low & Yellow
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how hard it is to re-locate them to the glove box and what is involved if anyone has done it. Tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
yell02sonoma said:
Was wondering how hard it is to re-locate them to the glove box and what is involved if anyone has done it. Tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything.

I did mine.

not much to it.

Let me find the thread.

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
Its very easy...I did mine. Just take out the dash bezel, take out the 2 screws holding the AC panel in and unclip the wires and hose on the backside. Take out your glovebox door and fish the wires/hose through to the glovebox opening. I think I used 14 gauge wire...I am not sure and I extended all of them about 7 inches and then cut the back of the glove box out and slide them in and bolted the glovebox door back up.

·
sold the dime :(
4,586 Posts
http://www.buildyourride.com/gaugepanel.html

they did it on there. then they put in a gauge panel. might help..

what are you puttin in place of the ac controls?

i thought of doing this but im not sure what to put there. thought of a flush mount screen in the factory cd location and a single din cd/dvd player where the ac controls was..

·
Low & Yellow
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put a screen in the factory cd location and was going to move my headunit down where the a/c controls are, but there's a big metal bracket in there that the dash bolts to. Just have to find someplace else to mount my headunit.
rbryant4 said:
http://www.buildyourride.com/gaugepanel.html

they did it on there. then they put in a gauge panel. might help..

what are you puttin in place of the ac controls?

i thought of doing this but im not sure what to put there. thought of a flush mount screen in the factory cd location and a single din cd/dvd player where the ac controls was..

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
schlsux said:
really easy, may have to extend a few wires but nothing tricky.

Wow you do some nice work!,

Mine is not so fancy lol,

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
pewter_dime_99 said:
hey, where did you get that carbon fiber bezel? that looks tight
Oh wow I could not begin to tell you lol,

It was E-bay I belive, and I have yet to see anything like it for sale else where lol,

almost 3 years ago :eek: lol

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
schlsux said:
DJDaudio thanx for the comp. But i'd definatly say ur's looks just as nice. Did you make ur gage holder from scratch? I did from sheet metal wasn't that bad, i just put 2 switches in it and wired it all up.

Thanks I had a old ROAD case for a keyboard, it is 1/4" ply with ABS plastic front. I just cut it out and drilled it with a hole saw lol,

1 - 20 of 37 Posts