Here are the soundclips for your guys:

1995 4.3L CPI Vortec
K&N Drop in AirFilter
Stock 2.25" Exhaust Piping
Stock Cat Converter
Ravin Z55 Muffler with Z-Baffle

Startup

Revving Engine

Not bad sounding at all, especially for their middle range.

I really wouldn't want to get any louder than this.

#2 ·
Well, i think you just made up my mind about what exhaust im going with. I have to get mine re-done and im looking for something beside flowmaster, I think i found it. Thats a single in/single out right? Did you buy the muffler from the internet,or did you just get everything from the shop you hade it done at? Is it a turn down? If not do you have any pics? Thanks! - Chris

#4 ·
To be honest it doesn't sound all that different from any other muffler I have heard on a 4.3, only time one has sounded drastically different was when I saw an xtreme with dual DTM style ricer mufflers hanging off the back, and that wasn't a good sound. Also, exhaust without a catalytic converter sounds drastically different, but other than that all the aftermarket mufflers sound about the same on the 4.3 to me.

#5 ·
the worst ones ive heard were glasspacks, the ones that would constantly backfire, and sounded like a nest of disturbed bumblebees. the funniest thing i read on here is the people who say "my exhaust makes people ask if i have a V8". of coure theyre going to ask, they dont know better....

#6 ·
Inferno Sonoma said:
Well, i think you just made up my mind about what exhaust im going with. I have to get mine re-done and im looking for something beside flowmaster, I think i found it. Thats a single in/single out right? Did you buy the muffler from the internet,or did you just get everything from the shop you hade it done at? Is it a turn down? If not do you have any pics? Thanks! - Chris
The clips you heard was a single in/ single out 2.25" with stock tailpipe.

I bought it and had it installed at Midas.

They gave me a lifetime warrenty on it. Can't beat that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.