S-10 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys... I need your help here..

On the driveshaft, right at the carrier bearing there is a flange or cover that protects the carrier bearing from anything flying into it. Well... the welds that hold that piece in place have broken and now it rattles freely when the driveshaft is spinning.

I took it to the dealership and they said that because I've lowered the vehicle 3" that it's forcing the driveshaft forward which caused this to happen. Basically, they won't fix it under warranty.

I've called GMC Canada Head Office and they called the dealership and of course they agreed with the dealership and said that because of an aftermarket modification that I've done to the suspension, it has caused this problem to occur.

Does anyone know how I can fix this or debate it any other way... they've said that I can take it to another dealership but every dealership I go to gives me a hard time and it seems as if this extended warranty that I paid for is good for nothing.

Can I reweld this plate/flange back on and rebalance the driveshaft?

I'll try to get some pictures of it if I can... so that you have a better understanding of what it is I'm talking about.

Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts