S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 2003 extreme. One of the first priorities of mine is power windows/locks...At the dealership (Jim Trenary in St. Charles MO) they told me that they dont make s-10's with power windows or locks unless they are the crew cab...i couldnt pass up the 4500$ rebate, so i bought the truck....i still really hate the crank windows and manual locks, i bought the truck new, can i go back and tell them to put them in or something? or does anyone have good ideas on how to put them in? i dont want some tacky switches shoved in my dash somewhere, and i dont want to spend a SH**load of money on power windows/locks rather than wheels or something....thanks for the help all!

·
tits
90 Posts
Mine has power windows/locks and it's a reg cab....

·
chief one
80 Posts
Yeah they raped you. If they lied to you then you can go back there and demand they help you out. I have had nothing but problems with the chevy dealers where im at. My gas guage has never worked right since i bought the truck 2 years ago. Im not bs you either when i tell you my truck has been in the shop 8 times for the same problem and they never fix it. Infact its in the shop right now and it has been there for over two weeks. If anyone reads this from nor-cal **** boardwalk chevy in redwood city and central chevy in fremont. They dont know what the hell they are doing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yea my 03 didnt come with anything powered either. In magazines they have a power window kit ya can buy, $200 i think, and it is a do it yourself, it says it is real easy but i dunno anyone who has done it. I had power door locks put i my truck when i had my alarm put in. I work at Best Buy and they charged me 80 bucks to put in power door locks, for reg price it is 80 bucks a door. I am sure other places will do it for cheaper though. I though 80 bucks for both doors is expensive so shop around.

·
Old Man
260 Posts
I have a extended cab and it has power windows/locks from the factory. If I were you I would look in wrecking yards and scavenge all the parts (including door panels) to swap into yours. That to me would be the easiest way to have factory like power windows/locks.

I am lucky, the dearship I go to is awesome and honest. But then again I have been going there for over 10 years so they know better than to screw me.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
my friend has an 03 with power everything... :dunno: and my 99 does as well..... go back to the dealer and ask em how much to put in power

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
your best bet is to buy a power window kit and power lock kit.Then go to the junk yard to find a wrecked s10 with power and take the switches. 03 is like the last year for s10s so they are prolly not putting power options in them because of this. I don't know but thats my only guess.

·
Eat My Member
44 Posts
Actually the crew cabs go for another year, strange GM logic. The S10/Sonoma gets wacked because of the Colorado/Canyon, but the crew cab stays for another year even though there is a crew cab Colorado/Canyon, seems like nonsense to me. But then again I've been dealing with this for years now with my 1991 Suburban (which is based on a pickup that ended its run in 1988).

·
Registered
96 Posts
oh Trenary those asshats dont know a damn thing about what they sell. i had nothing but problems with that dealership. They tried to tell me that there was no such thing as an xtreme blazer in late 01 lol

·
Show Me Dem Titties
146 Posts
Skorpio..........the reason that chevy made the crew cab one more year is because they have a bunch of extra parst layin arround that they want to get rid because you can only get a 2004 s-10 with the crew cab, 4.3, slip-o-matic, and 4x4. they're just cleaning house on all the stuff they don't sell much of that's layin arround.

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chevy is really pissing me off, i know thats a sin to say in this forum, but what are they thinking, i am sure that this could be a whole new thread but what do you think of the colorado? i think its ugly. ....here's my philosophy, first they make the Avalanche, then they make a Colorado...i think that MR. Chevy is a cracked out hockey fan....Thats the only reason i can think of...arent they going to sell s-10's still? i thought only the extreme package wasnt available in 04..oh well back to the topic, thanks for all the help, after readin this i went back the dealer and they just called some other shop and asked them to do it and said it would cost me 350 bucks.......maybe i should just knock out Mr. Trenary.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
<--------- Regular Cab with full power! Power windows, locks and keyless entry.

I'd got back and tell them you want your money back because they lied to you. They wanted you to buy the vehicle they had on their lot so they told you whatever it took to get it sold.

You need to take some of the blame for not being an informed consumer. Always know everything about the product before you go to buy it. Study the brochures and check out the website and learn all you can. The dealer where I bought my truck never stocks ZQ8s. I knew I wanted a ZQ8 and I knew I wanted it loaded so we ordered it. I always order my vehicles that way I get them factory fresh and the way I wanted them. I know maybe in this case with the rebates and such you had to take what was available but the dealer can do a search of other dealer's inventories and do a trade to get what you want.

Steve

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
My truck didn't come with power Windows or locks, but I had power door actuators installed with my alarm. It only cost me $70.00 extra to have the actuators installed and that covered the price of actuators and the install labor.

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
99xtreme said:
My truck didn't come with power Windows or locks, but I had power door actuators installed with my alarm. It only cost me $70.00 extra to have the actuators installed and that covered the price of actuators and the install labor.

That's exactly what I did as well. I knew I was going to put in an alarm in so I didnt want to get the power because they do rape you for it. Paid a little extra for actuators and I just deal with the window crank. Its not a big deal to me even though every vehicle I had before this had power everything...I just reach over to get the other one. Not a big deal...

·
Registered
103 Posts
dude,
you gotta tell them what you want. no if, ands, or buts. if you don't they'll just talk you into whatever they have on their lot. Period. Come onto the lot knowing what you want. If they don't have it and tell you some BS story they can't get it, split. I just bought an 03 X with everything I wanted, including power windows. It took some hunting, 5 dealers, but I finally found a guy who'd go the extra mile for the sale and get it from some other lot. you settled too early. Sorry man.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
dude,
you gotta tell them what you want. no if, ands, or buts. if you don't they'll just talk you into whatever they have on their lot. Period. Come onto the lot knowing what you want. If they don't have it and tell you some BS story they can't get it, split. I just bought an 03 X with everything I wanted, including power windows. It took some hunting, 5 dealers, but I finally found a guy who'd go the extra mile for the sale and get it from some other lot. you settled too early. Sorry man.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry man.:drow: but i posted the wrong one and I was too lazy to edit my post. My truck is actually just below the frame of the picture. I was takig pictures of the area for a friend who may move out here.

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
im getting some power window door panels and a SPAL window kit, or is there a better power window kit that anyone here would reccomend?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I'd go back and demand them put in some power shit since they lied to you. They told you what it took to sell you that vehicle, and it was unfair. Go back and bitch, they'll fix it someway or another.

Caleb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts