S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after replaceing the intake gaskets on my 97 i had a problem with code p01345 cam/crank corolation after messing around with the distributer for a day or two i got rid on this code and now have a randome misfire code p0300 i scaned it with a good snap on scaner and im missfireing like crazy on cylenders 1 and 3 my truck only has 75000 miles on it are my injectors starting to go?

·
2,679 Posts
Make absolutely sure you didn't switch the two plug wires by accident. :eek:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be. I would pull the plugs for a look-see first though. How old are plugs, wires, cap & rotor?
all those parts are brand new and i checked to make sure the wires wernt mixed up and there not so im guessing injectors witch sucks becouse i just got it all back together and now ima have to tear it down again

·
2,679 Posts
Make absolutely sure you didn't switch the two plug wires by accident.
Check for good spark on 1 and 3, then
Make absolutely sure you didn't switch the two plug wires by accident.
Sorry to repeat myself but it's Friday!
Before you go through the trouble of pulling your intake maifold again, connect a vacuum gauge and check it.
If you have a steady needle (~16 to 21) until one of those cylinders fire, and it bumps down real fast (~1 or 2 lbs) then you don't have a vac leak, you have a loose, bad, crossed plug wire.

·
Registered (Ab) User
4,137 Posts
Since it is only those 2 adjacent cylinders that are misfiring, and you ignition system components are new, it could be the following:
1.) Crossed or defective plug wires
2.) Plugged poppet injectors.

You might try running a couple of bottles of Chevron "Techron" additive in your gas, or a can of Seafoam. Otherwise, click here for more info on the CSFI poppet injectors, and click here for info on how to fix them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got a marine intake it came with evrything fule rails injectors throtle body, sensors i think i might just convert it to mpi i bought it for a turbo build i was going to do on my 94 so ill probly just use it for this and make a 2114 later on when the time comes, is there a wireing diagram out there that shows wich wires will go to witch injector?

·
Registered (Ab) User
4,137 Posts
i got a marine intake it came with evrything fule rails injectors throtle body, sensors i think i might just convert it to mpi i bought it for a turbo build i was going to do on my 94 so ill probly just use it for this and make a 2114 later on when the time comes, is there a wireing diagram out there that shows wich wires will go to witch injector?
Autozone has wiring diagrams. Click here and see if this link will work for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts