S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys me and a friend ran my truck ( 2000 Hombre) and his Stock 1999 model S10.

here is what is done to mine.

2.2L
APC intake
50 series flowmaster
No cat.
toneanu cover
short throw shifter
E-fan

and his is completely stock.

In the end he ran faster then me. He was getting off the line alittle quicker. His tires are 28 inches tall in the rear, mine are 26 inches tall.

He could get off the line faster, and i could pull on him after taking off.

Fastest time we got was 18.461 at 72.72mph.

Using weight and speed calculator, we got 102hp at the wheels, and 120 at the flywheel. Pretty close to stock.

Using the weight and MPH calculator, we got 106hp at the wheels, and 125 at the flywheel.

Both agreed my truck was faster. So i am guessing my truck is about .2 faster then his. That would give my truck around 103 hp at the wheels and 121hp athe the flywheel using the weight and speed calc. and 111hp at the wheels and 131hp at the flywheel using the weight and mph calc.

so after all those changes my truck has roughly 5-7 HP more then stock.

so if anyone thinks they are gaining alot of HP from bolt on's you aren't!

I will be taking my truck to a dyno eventually ( before i finish the turbo setup) to see exactly how much HP i have.

·
Registered
421 Posts
you were confusing me cause i thought you already had the turbo on... i was about to bag the whole turbo idea till i read the end...

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
surely the E-fan freed up some HP

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
truck weighed around 3383 pounds with my buddy in it. with me it was about 20 pounds heavier.

also my truck had 3/4 of a tank of gas where is had 1/4 tank if that.

we got a total of 4 runs each.
another reason he won most the time, was he didn't care if he broke something.

the track was REALLY sticky! and i didn't want to kill my clutch or something. and he was on the rev limiter taking off the line, and held it through each gear to almost hitting the rev. limitor. where i was shifting at 4600rpm each time. So we found out that shifting at 4600 wasn't working! so i am going to change my shift light pill to 5200 where our trucks have peak power, and see of that helps when ever i can get back to the track.

both are std. cab. and weigh the same, he took his tailgate off because i have a toneau cover.

so his truck weighed alittle less then mine, should have been around 100+ pounds over all lighter then mine with the gas difference, driver difference and tailgate.

So right there is .1 off his regular time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Umm as my signature below reads...

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i got some new pills for my shift light i might try it this weekend before i head to florida. i am going to put a 5200rpm pill in it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ran my 4.3 Xtreme after swapping 50-series tires to 60-series. Before, I was running 16.67 to 16.79... now the best time is 16.82... bigger tires do not make 'em launch faster, stickier tires do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
bigger tires make them not spin as bad though, hense make the truck launch faster.
You're sorta right... it's a combo of traction and tire size. In my case, i hooked up great, but my torque wasn't enough to carry through in the 60-foot. Therefore, slower "launch". The 50-series NEVER spun, either. It was a loss of torque issue with the 60s.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i have 265-50-15's and they spin, my buddy has 275-60-15's (i think and they won't!) lol

but yea i can light them up at a stop light through first and some through second.

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
Yes bolt ons suck the only real way you are going to get power is force induction or alot of engine work

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there are afew company's and i am going to use everything in their arsenal on my 2.2 eventually.

i want to get my turbo kit done, and get my NOS kit done. start building another 2.2 with forged parts and internally balanced, new cam, valves, head etc.........

because i know i will eventually blow my engine up. then i will REALLY be able to see what kind of power a 2.2 can make. But i am not trying to spend a shit ton of money on my truck when i have other cars that have been waiting in line first to get finished.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts