S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wide Stance Ownz Joo
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IL heard from car and driver that they were going to offer the RamJet 4.3 in crate form. it looks like 270 horses, and 277 lb-ft or something like that.

Is this motor worth looking into? Do these things take superchargers well? What im wondering is if i should just go with a V8. I dont need ungodly ammounts of power but i would like to have enough to run the road as far as trucks go.

WHat do you guys, think? Supposedly the "ZZ4.3" is a direct bolt in, so youd just slap it in the truck, how much more difficult would an LS-1 be? How hard is it to get the electronics to talk to an LS1?

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
u can get a wiring harness to hook ur 4.3 harness to the ls1 and u can use the ls1 computer, as for fittin the ls1 will go in the same as any other v8 swap for a s10 u will have header clearance problems and all which alot of companies make headers and such for our v8 trucks now so the swap is not very far fetched just takes time and a little $$ and someone that half way knows what they are doing

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Why they did this on TV remains a mystery. Its the concept one they made over a year ago and according to GM it's been dropped and wont be done. It's a standard 4.3 with a new intake that makes 260 H.P. and with headers and 3 inch exhaust 290. So far only a dream ,since the S-10's are going to be changed this was dropped.

·
Wide Stance Ownz Joo
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well yeah the truck isnt going to make it, but they DID say that the motor was going to survive in crate form. I wasnt expecting the truck to make it, especially with the colorado around the corner. But i would not be surprised if the ZZ4.3 made it in crate form.

·
Registered
317 Posts
AWWW YA!!!! i wanna turbo rotery dammnt!!!!!!!
zz4.3L 260 hp, or (i believe its 1.3L???) 260 hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts