Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so...as usual, i can't ever stick with anything on my truck, as soon as i get something on, i up and decide to replace it, but i've been thinking about getting rid of my ram air hood. and go with a noma hood instead, just for a simpler look.

here's what it currently looks like, green bravada bumper and all still :( keep in mind the opening in the bravada bumper will eventually be filled with billet, once i get my hands on some that'll be a close enough fit, or a big piece, that i can just cut to fit...sorry for the shatty pics.

·
Respect
417 Posts
I like my noma hood but also like ram air. So its kinda a toss up. But because I have the noma hood that's what I run on my dime.

·
Need another ZR2!
1,447 Posts
Ram air but I'm biased! My dad's 96 zr2 has a noma hood and if I didn't have the ram air I would but a noma on mine. But ram air gets my vote.

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you bother reading what i posted? lol

don't particularly want a cowl styled hood. i already have the 2" ramair hood shown, it's either stick with that, or go noma.

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
to be perfectly honest, match up the paint, and ur truck would look killer the way it is.... i think it looks great now

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats what i'm torn on, been holding out on paint, to do the bumper, hood, and tailgate all at once, tailgate needs a little more bodywork done, before it could be painted. just got terribly burned out on working on my own truck.

after all the work i put in, cutting out the center, and mounting that billet, it does make me wanna stick with it. what a pita that was.

i think once i get billet in the bumper, i'll be more apt, to wanna stick with it, with the front billeted out.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
i say cowl or the s10 hood. i just like the line down the center.

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i has paint and all, just haven't done it yet..

hood is pretty much accounted for, it's just a matter of acquiring a sonoma hood now, and it's either get an off color one, and buy more paint, cause i only really have enough to do the bumper, or buy one already black, and there isn't shit that i've found locally yet. i found a black sonoma one on car-part.com for $150, it lists as s-10/sonoma in the listing, but states SLS in the description, along with "buff" so i'm assuming this is one that's off the truck it was on originally, and they took the time to clean it up a bit, and buff it, and try to jack the price up.

otherwise, i'm seeing other hoods for 75-125 mostly, around here.

i'm going to call around to a few other local places, and see. i think either way, i'd be coming out around the same price, once i buy a $75 hood, i have to buy the paint and all for it...or i can get one already black, and supposedly buffed, for 150. but i have the 3 closer yards to me, that i have yet to call.

the only other thing, is the hood squirters, all my parts for that, line, reservoir, etc is all gone, even my original squirters, someone needed some on here, so i shipped them to him, so i'd at least have to stick a pair in the hood, to fill the holes. if i were to get the black one, at least.

ahh..lots of brainstorming and figuring out to do...we'll see.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
19 Participants
12sws27
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing