S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much a ss ram air hood would cost to make it fully funtional. I think it would be better than a K&n but not by much. anyway i think it would look a loot better. Any info would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know how much it would cost exactly but i'm sure i could fabricate something. I was thinking of going the same route with my truck but i can't afford the hood right now. Whats your location? If you're around the baltimore/DC area i could help you out. Otherwise if you take a few pics under the hood i could try and make a few drawings.

·
Registered
217 Posts
if youlook in a sport truck or mini truckin magazine theres a few addds for thembut be prepared to drop about 500 bucks on one there is also carbon fiber hoods availble for s-10s

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yup speed costs. How fast do you wanna go?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this is not the cost effective way to go but i think it will look a lot better. Also i know the ss hood is going to cost me about 500 all i need to know is how to set up the air box to go with it. if anyone has a good idea or pictures that would be great. To racerX, under the hood is compleatly stcok and i wish i had pics to show you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So under the hood looks like the underside of the stock hood? Get a measurement from the back of the hood to where the hole will be cut in it for the air then get back to me.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
im sure it would give a significant boost like a cia only better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts