S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my ram air hood and it will be painted soon and was wondering if anyone knows how to make an fully funtional air box to go with it. It is an ss style hood and looks like the opening in the hood is going to line up just befor were the stock intake pipe comes into the engine. If anyone as any ideas please send them to me. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
No they do not make a functional ram air kit for 2.2 S-10, I've tried.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I do plan on having ram air on my 98 2.2l. I am going to have a body shop install a hood scoop above the air box, then have the entire air box turned upside down. Doesn't make much sense from just talking about it, but i've already been outside playing with it and moving it around. Basically i'm turning the air box upside down, cutting the bottom off and having a fitting placed between the hole in the hood and the air box itself. not really gonna do much good since the air will still be traveling across the radiator in that hot ass plastic tube before going into the engine, but i'll be the first s10 in my area with someone functional ram air.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
With the SS hood all you really can do is cut the hole out and install a short intake tube to the throttle body about 3-4 inches long with a filter on the end.
Badassbowtie, you should buy the K&N intake and then install the scoop over that. I thought about doing this with the Trans am shaker scoop. This way its true ram air because of the heat shield combined with scoop plus unrestricted path the the TB.
Im still working on this plan. My only concern is water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts