S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up, im new here. just bought a 95 s10 its the ss body style i was wondering if anyone knew i place or person (other than eBay) where i could get an ram air cowl hood for it.. i'd like probably about 2.5" anyone got any suggestions or anything just lemme know. thanks a lot:)

·
****head
3,850 Posts
You're 16 years old and can't stand NOT having a sports car?

:blaugh:

I haven't had the hood (in my sig picture) on for a few years, if you want to buy it, I'll definitely let you.

·
-=-
3,175 Posts
hey whats up, im new here. just bought a 95 s10 its the ss body style i was wondering if anyone knew i place or person (other than eBay) where i could get an ram air cowl hood for it.. i'd like probably about 2.5" anyone got any suggestions or anything just lemme know. thanks a lot:)
Sooooo do you want a Ram Air hood or a Cowled hood?
Two completely different things.

Sorry gave me a laugh, kind of like when Chrysler brought back the Hemi and called it a Hemi Magnum... Um last time I checked those where two completely different performance engines back in the 60s, and now they some how became one. lmao

Maybe a Ram Air Cowl Hood is the wave of the future.

·
32,797 Posts
Sooooo do you want a Ram Air hood or a Cowled hood?
Two completely different things.

Sorry gave me a laugh, kind of like when Chrysler brought back the Hemi and called it a Hemi Magnum... Um last time I checked those where two completely different performance engines back in the 60s, and now they some how became one. lmao

Maybe a Ram Air Cowl Hood is the wave of the future.
Look at the hood Evenflow has, it's a "ram air cowl".

It's not functional though.

·
-=-
3,175 Posts
Ha, hardly.
Why because rear is raised also? If it isn't functional then obviously it's neither now is it? Unless of course we are talking in ricer tounges, because then anything is possible. I wonder what this kid considers a 'sports car' anyhow. Hope to god he doesn't say a Eclipse, Celica, or some crap like that...

·
32,797 Posts
Ha, hardly.
Why because rear is raised also? If it isn't functional then obviously it's neither now is it? Unless of course we are talking in ricer tounges, because then anything is possible. I wonder what this kid considers a 'sports car' anyhow. Hope to god he doesn't say a Eclipse, Celica, or some crap like that...

"ram air cowl" hoods:

The link to the site that sells them, and they do call them ram air cowl hoods.
http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/Reflexxion_GM_Steel_Cowl_Hoods.html

More:

http://www.gmcpauls.com/cowl_hoods.htm

http://www.reflexxion.com/rfx/content/section/5/27/

·
****head
3,850 Posts
Yeah the hood I have isn't functional, but could easily be cut to be functional. Although the rear is raised so I guess a little heat could escape out the back :p

·
Banned
8,856 Posts
if you had a sense of humor you would know it was a joke,and how do you know the op has a real "SS"

:edit: im pretty sure the ss came with a 4.3 just like the Xtreme did anyway.....dumbass.....
Xtreme came in a 4 banger too RAAAARRRRRR XXXXXTTTREEEEEEEME :haha:

oh and my dodge has a cowl/ram air hood. the ram air isn't functional, but the cowl is...

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
:popcorn:
i forsee a pissing contest

·
Burnt Blazer
2,704 Posts
i used to have a 442 style ram air hood for my blazer. it was functional in means of it blew cold air on to the filter. eh oh well 800 down the drain when i let a friend borrow it and he didn't shut it all the way.

My stupidity for not puttin the safety latch on

here she was

1 - 20 of 23 Posts