S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Eatin Fords-$hittin Mopar
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has done any lifting of a 4x4 lately.... I was thinking of giving it another inch or two and not looking to spend any serious cash..... Possibly by cranking the torsion bars upfront and then whatever the easiest thing would be for the rear. If anyone has any expertise in this area, I would love the input.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like nobody lifts their trucks on here......

Just thought that I would mention something that is very obvious to everyone on this site. There aren't a whole lot of guys lifting their trucks, or so it seems....

Instead of a 2" body lift, how much would it cost to do a small suspension lift?

Anyone know or done one lately?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
just level it out, or put in an add-a-leaf. but, please, dont use a lift shackle. they are lame, and they look red-neck.

·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice truck.....

Just thought I'd let you know that I am impressed with your truck and I am very sure that is the cleanest `82 I've ever seen!

Any other advice for lifting a 2001 4x4?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
well, as you were saying, the TB crank is a decent start. it should allow you to level it out. if you want to actually lift it, i believe superlift offers a 2" for not too much money.

thanks

later, jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is what I've come across

Well I've been looking to do the same, just haven't gotten to it yet. I've come under the impression that Add-A-Leaf and a torsion bar adjustment is the way to go. Add-A-Leaf kit is only $24.99 from summit and easy to install. Torsion bar adjustment just consists of turning that lower hex head the correct amount of times and making sure to turn each side the same amount of times. I've asked the question here a couple times looking for a more scientific answer on adjusting the torsion bars but haven't gotten one. I was just gonna go with the trial and error method. Get the truck level, measure from ground to wheel-well, make the turns and measure again and so on til there is a 2" difference. I do know you have to get the frontend aligned after the torsion bar adjustment cause the camber angle is changed and you'll be riding on the outer half of your tires. With the alignment and leaf kit it shouldn't run you anymore that $70. And from what I've read that 2" adjustment on the front isn't gonna cause any excessive wear and tear on your steering or trans-axles. I know with my truck being 4x4 it sure doesn't look 4x4 so that why I've been looking into this. A moderate tire bump to 30x9.5's will fit nicely under a 2" lift and I'm thinking will make it look like a 4x4.

·
Registered
66 Posts
body lifts------>:bash:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nemesis_152 said:
body lifts------>:bash:
I totally agree with that but i would like a little more than 6 inches of lift. i have a body lift kit sitting at home but I am hesistant to install it. I am just waiting for a 9 inch suspension lift for my truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts