S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you read it right, I have gotten my third S10. Not really going to disclose how much I paid for it, but it was pretty much nothing.
She is a 1993 S10 Tahoe, 2.8L, 5 speed ext cab.
She a lot of rust and rot, but if she holds together mechanically I'll get some patch panels for the places I can't just replace with body panels. Interior is a little rough, but not to bad. Needs a radio, trim for the seat, the headliner replaced, a new glove box, and a cover for the center console.
I think it needs a new rear end, it shudders when I try to move it with clutch only (no gas). Needs a tune up, but I am going to do that tomorrow. I forgot to look at how the injectors are spraying. I'll do that tomorrow. She runs really well when she is up and moving. Trans is strong, clutch is a little weak but not too bad.
I'll try to post pictures here I a little bit.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the sound of it you actually should've have paid nothing :haha:

I see your old truck all the time.
Maybe I did pay nothing ;)

Which one the Red on or the white one?

As promised, pictures.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't do much today. I drove her, put new wiper blades on and put my Optima battery in.

Yeah, I know, she needs to be lower. If my parts come in the mail by Friday, then she should be sitting at 5/6 by this weekend

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good, been throwing around the idea of picking up an old square body myself. What red truck they talking about, got a pic?
I am having a blast with mine. I miss being in an S10.
I use to have 1994 S10 Reg cab with a 2.2L 5 speed that I had lowered 5/6. Sadly I had to sell it to pay off some debt.

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
Cool. Should be a nice beater.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. Should be a nice beater.
Thanks. I really enjoy this truck a lot. It was pretty realiable too, until the clutch went out, but that was going out anyways.
Clutch kit and flywheel will cost me less than $130

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am bored and wishing I could drive my truck (one more day), so I decided to take a few photos.

Silly PO of my truck decided to weld the ball hitch onto my truck

Bumpstop brackets look pretty bad. The frame isnt that bad. Just needs some sanding and resprayed.

Stupid RV towing thing. Going to remove that when I lower her.

Really miss driving her. She is a lot of fun.

·
Boozebag
9,147 Posts
Thanks. I really enjoy this truck a lot. It was pretty realiable too, until the clutch went out, but that was going out anyways.
Clutch kit and flywheel will cost me less than $130

I prolly bought the same kit. From NY on Ebay?
I can't believe how cheap this stuff is.
I hope you bought the kit for an 88 or newer truck. The flywheels are different for the 87 and older rigs.

Red truck looks choice...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I prolly bought the same kit. From NY on Ebay?
I can't believe how cheap this stuff is.
I hope you bought the kit for an 88 or newer truck. The flywheels are different for the 87 and older rigs.

Red truck looks choice...
I bought the Auto Zone kit.

I know, the rotor and cap didn't cost me much either.

Yeah I got the flywheel for a 93.

Thanks, I miss that little red truck.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the truck all apart, hopefully reassembly goes much smoother than dissemble.

Got the transmission out without diconnection the slave cyl(before I cleaned it).

The clutch with pretty much nothing left on it.

Pressure plate isnt looking so well either

FLywheel is showing signs of heat

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well. Didn't get her finished. Couldn't get the transmission to line up with the clutch. And don't really have any room to see what we are doing (we are on jack stands). Does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Here is how she is sitting right now (Dont have time to work on her till friday)

Trans ready for its second attempt at being put back in

My lowering kit waiting to be installed.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts