S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I need some help with this after market radio I'm installing into my 2001 s10 . The previous owner took out the factory harness i bought one and also a adapter for the actual aftermarket radio but I'm running into some issues when wiring it up i have 3 dark greens i know one is for a speaker and one is for ignition. But i have another green one I've notice that two of the green ones has something to do with the dash cluster cuz it would turn everything on when I try to hook it all up. I need some help hopefully some of yall know what's going on and could help me out

·
Been there Done it
12,457 Posts
So let me get this straight. You bought a repair connector to restore the factory wiring and one to connect to the new radio?
Got brands and part numbers for them? What radio are you trying to install? Be specific.
Below is the radio wiring diagram for 2001 for trucks without an auxiliary factory amp.
Click on the pic then click on the + button to see it full size.
You might have to reload the page before it'll work. Don't even think about doing it on a phone. It's 18 x 22 inches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So let me get this straight. You bought a repair connector to restore the factory wiring and one to connect to the new radio?
Got brands and part numbers for them? What radio are you trying to install? Be specific.
Below is the radio wiring diagram for 2001 for trucks without an auxiliary factory amp.
Click on the pic then click on the + button to see it full size.
You might have to reload the page before it'll work. Don't even think about doing it on a phone. It's 18 x 22 inches.
View attachment 350165

I'm trying to install a JVC KD-X260BT I also bought a HA-711858-32 which is supposed to be the factory harness and i also got GM02B which is the adapter for the factory harness then i would splice those wires and connect them to the aftermarket radio. The problem I'm running into is when I'm trying to connect the factory harness i bought to the actual wires that are in the truck because there's 3 dark green wires and that i have to have 2 of the green touching because if not the dash won't light up and the wipers didn't work neither. But if i wired it all up like that the speedometer will stop working and it will go with the music

1 - 3 of 3 Posts