S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wait, what?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago when I was 15 and retarded I cut the stock radio harness out, but only the electrical connections surprisingly. My stereo has yellow, black, and red wires while my stereo connections are orange, orange and brown, yellow, and black. Yellow should be hot all the time so that the radio can store stations and whatnot, correct? Orange should be what? Hot all the time? Orange and brown should be ignition hot? The problem is, none of them seem to be ignition hot, and I don't like the stereo having power all the time. So what is supposed to go where?

·
Registered
927 Posts
you can tap off the fuse block for power key on that is your red wire black to ground & I believe the yellow is for an electric antenna

·
1.9 Proud Liters
225 Posts
Orange will certainly be +12v constant and yellow will certainly be +12v switched (i.e. the ignition wire)

·
Mr. SQ
2,302 Posts
what aftermarket radio is it? try googling for the manual. it will tell you what the colors are. also, the12volt.com will have the wiring for your truck

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,612 Posts
Easiest thing? Post this in the electrical section. But since you are here....Clip a factory harness from a junker and solder it back on to the existing wires, and use an adapter like you get at any stereo shop.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
go to a site called modified life that will give you the color codes for rewiring it but you could do like someone else said did that with my s series as both had the stereo wiring hacked up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts