S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I MADE IT!!
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My radio won't work unless I turn on my driving lights. The previous owner must of done something wrong....my guess is that he crimped the power wire to the dimmer wire or something.... there is no harness...someone must have cut it off when they replaced the cd player. so I have no idea what color is what...I do have the harness on the radio but when it comes to crimp the wires into the truck wires the colors don't match up. I have no idea where to start.

Any suggestions?

Thanx Guys

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sounds like you've got some fun ahead of you. Get a wiring diagram and see if you can figure out what to look for. Odds are if he crimped something, it's under the driver's side (that's where most of these wires go). Look up where the clutch is and see if you see a splice or something. Otherwise, get tracing I guess. PM me your email addy if you want a wire diagram (mine is for a 2000, but I think it's mostly the same hopefully).

·
Registered
92 Posts
It sounds like they ran the illumination and power wire together. The illumination wire should be orange. That's about the help I can be, a buddy did that a while ago, and it was a bitch to fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts